Giant Quick-E 2018 Canadian Version - Question on the 32km/h Speed Limit - If you go faster any risks to Motor or not??

Gazza1977

Morning All,

Giant Quick-E 2018 Canadian Version - Question on the 32km/h Speed Limit - If you go faster any risks to Motor or not??

Seems there are 2 methods , add a new Speedbox Controller which removes the speed deliminator or move the Magnet from tyre to pedal to allow faster speeds.

Seems all the Giant Quick-E+ 2018 have the same Motor:
  • Giant SyncDrive Sport, powerfull 80Nm central motor
It seems the bike is speed limited delepneding on which Country they are sold in, Canada 32km and others 25km/h.

In South Africa, Cape Town where i stay Giant Quick E-Bikes , Mountai Bike and Road Bikes are sold and go 45km/h.

So my question is as follows:

- I bought my Giant Quick-E+ 2018 from Canada, it looks identiacal to the one sold in South Africa and the Motor has the same 80Nm.
- Any risk to me making my Giant go 45km/h??
- Could i burn out the Motor or any other component?? I don't think so.

I am looking at an option of moving the magnet to the Pedal and ignore the speed reading on the main speedometer and use a GPS.

Sorry for these silly questions, I am aware of warranty and support but my issue is these bikes are made and sold and advertised to go 45km/h / 28Mph as per attached??

Been using my Giant Quick-E+ 2018 as a Commute bike to work and back daily, only 17.5km which takes me 35 minutes. The best thing i ever bought and Giant is the best, quality and workmanship and support is worth it then buying a cheap Chinese no name brand E-Bike.

Appreciate any feedback and Opinions.

Kind Regards,

Gary Laue.
Cape Town South Africa

Attachments

• Giant Quick E Plus 2018 advertised in South Africa.jpg
    Giant Quick E Plus 2018 advertised in South Africa.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 498
Back