Giant Neos Ant+ on a Fathom E+2 Pro weirdness

Trapdoor

Hi all,

I’m. New owner of a Giant Fathom E+2 Pro and find the fact it has no supplied cycling computer a bit annoying. Yes, it has the app but I don’t tend to have my phone in view when I’m riding. So I bought a Giant Neos Ant+ computer that is supposed to work with the RideControl One.

I have paired it up ok, and it connects to Speed and Cadence and it appears to display the speed OK, but it just won’t display any kind of sensible distance covered or Odo readings ... it’s almost 3 times the correct mileage ... and it is set to Miles not Km.

I have set the wheel/tyre size Correctly I believe, and playing with this does change the speed displayed, so I can only assume that the Speed link between the RideControl and the Neos is pulses rather than an actual speed data ... but I cannot for the life of me get my head round why the odometer would be wrong.

Does anyone have any experience if using the Neos computer with one of these bikes?

Any help appreciated as the manual is just junk.

thanks.

Hi trapdoor,

I was wondering if you have resolved this problem yet. I have exactly the same issue, but cannot see a way to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Back