Geometries of M and D model Orbea Gain

CARL20

I'm looking at upgrading from a D series to a M series orbea gain 2020.

According the the specs the geometries are identical, however when comparing photographs the angle of the top tube looks steeper on the M series compared to the D.

Anyone with any experience of riding both series? Riding a medium D series at the moment, what size M series should I get?

Not sure if this is the right place to post. Please advise if there's a more appropriate thread.
I'm interested in an Orbea Gain E-road bike but notice that it has a very shallow stem riser and a -8 degree stem, placing the handlebars low relative to the seat, whereas I've been moving the bars up and the seat down with the passing years, to the point that the drop is now about 3 cm. With the seat at 81 cm from the BB, the estimated drop for the Orbea Gain would be about 15 cm (from a geometric plot on a basic CAD program) , which would seem to put it too far from my range. The question is whether the Orbea comes only that way or whether it can be ordered with a longer integral fork stem and/or a different handlebar stem.

CARL20, the angle of the top tube will not matter for the geometry, what matters is the effective length. If you look at the M series geometry, below, you'll see that the top tube length has the "EFF" in parens, indicating the length of the top tube as if it were perfectly horizontal. That's how these measurements stay consistent from bike to bike. If the D series spec sheet is the same as the M series, then the geometry is the same, even if the slope of the top tube looks different.

If your D series fits you well and it's a Medium, you should buy a Medium M series. I ride a medium M series, and I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam.

1609183212297.png

Beware that the Gain's geometry has changed in the latest version, or so I gather from the Orbea website. Most strikingly, the seat angle has steepened to 74 degrees for the XL size. In addition, the handlebar stem has been integrated with the fork stem, seemingly eliminating vertical adjustability. Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting.

Attachments

• Orbea Gain E-Road Geometry12.2020.JPG
    Orbea Gain E-Road Geometry12.2020.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 512
I'm looking at upgrading from a D series to a M series orbea gain 2020.

According the the specs the geometries are identical, however when comparing photographs the angle of the top tube looks steeper on the M series compared to the D.

Anyone with any experience of riding both series? Riding a medium D series at the moment, what size M series should I get?
Hi yes road D50 now M20
For me no noticeable difference on a ride and have not noticed any difference in top tube
Get the same size bike
You will notice the difference in performance due to the weight saving on the carbon

Back