Genuine ebike range

Mack

Region
United Kingdom
Hi all
Could anyone recommend an ebike which can do 15 miles on a charge with electric only
Most seem quite vague or cost a kidney
Any help greatly appreciated

Lot of variables and way out of my depth on doing throttle only rides.

I pedal, not throttle only. But I feel I could get at least 20-25km from my 48v 16ah battery doing throttle only with the only pedaling being to help it get to speed quicker.
So my Moscow+ from NCM might fit the bill at 500w and a 48v 16ah battery, BUT I see you are in the UK. You have other issues to contend with, specifically your motor sizes are limited to 250w and throttles are not legal. Finding a bike isn't the hard part, finding one that can be shipped to you is the harder part I think?

Plus I suspect you want a ride that's fairly high performance (IE you don't want to crawl up hills on throttle only) and if so to keep costs down you might have to consider a 1000w kit or something. Or if you are riding flats and low hills mostly a 500w might be fine.

If your intention is to lazy moped it all the way, then you want a lot of battery ah/wh.

Decent batteries are Panasonic cells, so the price for the battery is a fair price.

"vague" is because the more you pedal, the less battery is applied to the motor. Trust me, that's a good thing. A lot of power is needed to move something from rest, so when you pedal to launch, the battery can be used to keep velocity on that flat road.

Thanks for your replys
I need a range of approx 10miles for work which is quite flat
I have a 48v 22ah battery from my escooter which considering canabalising to power an ebike
What’s the thoughts on the wheel kits that seem popular

Back