Gear position indicator

rocky289

I believe some of the Haibike models have this feature.
Does anyone have one with this feature & could tell me what type/model it has.
I would like to fit one to my Fullnine RC if at all posible.

Can you clarify what you're speaking about. Do you mean the window that shows what gear the derailleur is in?

You currently have the iSpec Deore Shifter which does not include the optical window. You could upgrade to the Deore RAPIDFIRE Plus Shift Lever.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Thanks for your reply Chris.

Yes, currently has the Deore SL-M610
It's also attached to a Tecktro Gemini HD-M500/M501 brake.
I'm thinking that would have to be changed as well.
It's the correct combination of the two that I need to know.

Thanks for your reply Chris.

Yes, currently has the Deore SL-M610
It's also attached to a Tecktro Gemini HD-M500/M501 brake.
I'm thinking that would have to be changed as well.
It's the correct combination of the two that I need to know.
Rocky, I have the Deore Rapidfire's noted above with Tektro Auriga E-Comp brakes. I've got 30 gears on my bike, so I have both front and rear shifters. To be honest I rarely, if ever look at the rear indicator because it's a tiny window with 10 speeds. Nearly impossible to see the difference between 6 and 8 and is impossible to see the difference between 7 and 8 (or 4-6 & 5-6, you get the idea). The front is very worthwhile to have though with only 3 positions, but you don't have that issue with a Bosch drive. If this helps, you do get used to feeling the 10 speeds, at least as good as you can see it with that tiny indicator.

Edit: I just measured the indicator window and it's 27mm wide x 7mm high. The indicator itself is 3mm wide.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, very handy to know.
May not be worth the effort then.
I guess I was thinking it would be like the one on my previous mtb which had quite a large window.

I agree it's probably not worth the effort. Ride it for a while and see how it feels. I don't think I ever look at the indicator. It's also one less thing that can break

Back