Freewheel problem

Bobsiii

Freewheel on my 2yr old 5200 mi Metro is not engaging when pressure is off/slacks on pedals, pedals spin for a rotation or two, I'm worried about my feet slipping off pedals and striking ground, not recommended for 77 yr. olds. Anyone else run into this? I've emailed Magnum, waiting on reply.

Freewheel shot, needs "special tool" to replace. Local Magnum dlr says they have tool but freewheel (8 Spd) is not in stock, taking a week to replace.

Problem actually showed up after a very thorough clean, new chain and lube, as if the dirt kept it working.

Hi. I already replaced 3 times that part with same issues. It is normally happened when getting water and dirt inside. Not complicate once you have the tool and can order that part online without any problems

Hi. I already replaced 3 times that part with same issues. It is normally happened when getting water and dirt inside. Not complicate once you have the tool and can order that part online without any problems

Where do you order your freewheels? We got one off ebay (hasn't arrived yet) as my son's bike could use a replacement but it was a devil to find.

Yes I found in Ebay and also found in some other online store I will search for the link and will send you.
I learned to have 1 spare of it since it get broken once a year.(at least for me)

Back