Frame height and manufacturer questions

Valdis

I'm looking at the surface 604 Colt. I'm 6'2", but my inseam is only 30". From the various charts I've been able to find, this leaves me confused about which bike might be the right height. Is the 17.5" frame definitely too short for me? It seems like the 19" will be awkwardly tall. Any advice?

The Surface 604 bikes seem to be hard to come by. I've checked the few e-bike shops nearby (Philadelphia) and Surface 604's don't seem to exist much out here, the one store I found 2 hours away had only one in stock and suggested I look at Magnum instead. My local store has Pedego's too expensive ($3k+) and Raleighs, which also seem pricey. Are there alternatives I should look at? I want an upright bike for commuting. Short range (~10 miles round trip), moderately hilly, the roads are in lousy condition so it seems like bikes with 20" wheels are a bad idea. I'm heavy (300 lbs), which also seems to be above most bike limits. The Surface 604 seems like a nice bike, but there's no support for it anywhere near here.

I'm looking at the surface 604 Colt. I'm 6'2", but my inseam is only 30". From the various charts I've been able to find, this leaves me confused about which bike might be the right height. Is the 17.5" frame definitely too short for me? It seems like the 19" will be awkwardly tall. Any advice?

The Surface 604 bikes seem to be hard to come by. I've checked the few e-bike shops nearby (Philadelphia) and Surface 604's don't seem to exist much out here, the one store I found 2 hours away had only one in stock and suggested I look at Magnum instead. My local store has Pedego's too expensive ($3k+) and Raleighs, which also seem pricey. Are there alternatives I should look at? I want an upright bike for commuting. Short range (~10 miles round trip), moderately hilly, the roads are in lousy condition so it seems like bikes with 20" wheels are a bad idea. I'm heavy (300 lbs), which also seems to be above most bike limits. The Surface 604 seems like a nice bike, but there's no support for it anywhere near here.

Go to Adam Solar Rides and get a BH Evo Pro bike. It's everything you are looking for and will be perfect. Comes with a 5yr warranty and the owner Adam Rossi is a fantastic dude.

http://adamsolarrides.com/

This is the bike I am talking about: https://emotionbikesusa.com/evo-city-wave-pro/
600whr would give you 40+ miles of range and with its 48V motor system, it's powerful enough to propel a 300lb rider.

Tell him good folks on the EBR forum recommended you to him and I am sure he will provide a good discount as well. I will put a word to him.

Back