Forks

yankee270

My forks are jacked up. Seals are blown and the lockout doesn’t work. Anyone have experience? Local bike shops say the can’t get parts for Mozo forks. Juiced hasn’t gotten back to me yet. Any help would be great.

Is it a fat bike fork? I have a spare that came off my HF1000. I'll send it to you if you want to cover the shipping.

Ok, no worries. A while back I upgraded to a RockShox unit after having some of the same issues that you describe with your RipcurrentS. My stock Mozo fork kept loosing air and it seem to have seized up. After installing the RockShox fork, I dissected the stock fork and found that is was packed with metal shavings. I'm not sure if the metal was left over from sloppy manufacturing or if it was based on use. Juiced sent me a new shock, but I never installed it. I'll dig it out of the garage and send it your way if you need it.

Ok, no worries. A while back I upgraded to a RockShox unit after having some of the same issues that you describe with your RipcurrentS. My stock Mozo fork kept loosing air and it seem to have seized up. After installing the RockShox fork, I dissected the stock fork and found that is was packed with metal shavings. I'm not sure if the metal was left over from sloppy manufacturing or if it was based on use. Juiced sent me a new shock, but I never installed it. I'll dig it out of the garage and send it your way if you need it.
How much did the RockShox forks cost you?

How much did the RockShox forks cost you?

I think I found a nice used one on eBay for $350ish. You then have to buy a headset adapter that converts your straight steerer tube to a tapered. Cane Creek makes this part, $45. The kicker is that you then have to get a front fat bike wheel that is thru-axle. BR2250 by DT Swiss ($200). Not an inexpensive conversion by any means, but I turned my HF into a car replacement, daily commute machine, so it was completely worth it to me.

Hey do you think I can give you a fedex number and a little cash for you efforts and you can send me those forks? Thanks

Back