foolish to but st1 elite with 1600 miles?

Hello eveyone, I am new to the forum, and new to e-bikes. A family business her in Chicago is selling their rental fleet of Stromer st1 Elites.....the bike I'm looking at has 1674 miles on the odomoter, some physical scuffing, but seems to ride nice (my limited knowledge)....there is no warranty and he is throwing in an additional battery from another st1 (also used)....the bikes have full city kits, saddle bag, and helmet.....I am getting all this for 1200 dollars, but I'm more concerned about longevity of the bike. sounds like a great deal but for 1500 I could get a new radwagon / radrover withwarranty.

1,600 miles is just breaking it in. Like I said in your other thread - see if they will give you a new battery at their cost - than it will be like a new bike. Stromers are really nice bikes and can give you thousands of trouble free miles........

1,600 miles is just breaking it in. Like I said in your other thread - see if they will give you a new battery at their cost - than it will be like a new bike. Stromers are really nice bikes and can give you thousands of trouble free miles........
So the battery would be the main concern, as opposed to the engine and other components?

I think this is a good deal if you dont mind a used bike. I would go out and ride it and ask if you can ride it for 15 miles or so. Request that they charge the battery all the way before you start. See how much consumption you use and relate that to how far you think you will ride. If you have more than 50% left on the battery after 15 miles, it is probably in pretty good shape. If there are no major problems, I think it is a good deal, especially with 2 batteries. Oh, go up some hills and see if it helps you get up them and if so, the motor is in good enough shape for you. I dont remember if there is a manufacture date on the battery but that may be worth looking at.

I bought a Stromer Elite a few years back with an upgraded battery (gold color not purple) and paid almost 3x of the $1200!

However I did have an issue with the bike (partially my fault) and Stromer came in and went beyond the call of duty to make it like new again.

The odometer number could be off but I would be suprised. I've talked with the brothers that ran that company and they seemed very honest and open to all my questions. That seems like a pretty good price for what you get. I LOVE riding my Stromer ST1

I think this is a good deal if you dont mind a used bike. I would go out and ride it and ask if you can ride it for 15 miles or so. Request that they charge the battery all the way before you start. See how much consumption you use and relate that to how far you think you will ride. If you have more than 50% left on the battery after 15 miles, it is probably in pretty good shape. If there are no major problems, I think it is a good deal, especially with 2 batteries. Oh, go up some hills and see if it helps you get up them and if so, the motor is in good enough shape for you. I dont remember if there is a manufacture date on the battery but that may be worth looking at.

I bought a Stromer Elite a few years back with an upgraded battery (gold color not purple) and paid almost 3x of the $1200!

However I did have an issue with the bike (partially my fault) and Stromer came in and went beyond the call of duty to make it like new again.
Thanks!..really appreciate the insightful post. Another poster sent me a link to a bike shop in Wisconsin selling demo bikes at some great prices, and with warranties. They have a Stromer Sport V1 with 22 miles on it for about 980. I don't know much about the model, but get the impression it's not on the St1's level, but the peace of mind might make it worth a look.

The odometer number could be off but I would be suprised. I've talked with the brothers that ran that company and they seemed very honest and open to all my questions. That seems like a pretty good price for what you get. YI LOVE riding my Stromer ST1
The brother i spoke to was very honest, and just a great guy...part of the reason i am reconsidering the purchase is based on his upfront honesty. He really hid nothing and admitted when he was unsure about something.

Yeah, the reviews for the sport aren't great, but I do see he has an 2016 izip e3 zuma for about 980....seems to have great reviews, but I don't know how it stacks up to the ST1. The St1 was the 1st ebike I've ever ridden, and it was pretty phenomenal

Yeah, the reviews for the sport aren't great, but I do see he has an 2016 izip e3 zuma for about 980....seems to have great reviews, but I don't know how it stacks up to the ST1. The St1 was the 1st ebike I've ever ridden, and it was pretty phenomenal
Go ride them one after the other...the bikes will speak for themselves. The test rides will allow you to compare and zero in on what you like. I agree with @JackStraw it will be worth the drive.

Stromer is an all around great bike but it weighs 62 lbs.

There are a lot of very nice bikes for less than $2000 new, retail, and discounts are usually available.

You don't want your first eibke to be some beat up 3 year old rental, do you?

Stromer is an all around great bike but it weighs 62 lbs.

There are a lot of very nice bikes for less than $2000 new, retail, and discounts are usually available.

You don't want your first eibke to be some beat up 3 year old rental, do you?
You know the funny thing about it was that the weight wasn't an issue at all. It is a beautiful bike, but I definitely wouldn't spend 3500 on it. Just need to test drive some more

Back