First year with my Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie

ragtopjoek

Today I have ridden my Levo 6Fattie for exactly one year. I rode almost every week thru the summer, fall, winter and spring. Here are some of my likes and dislikes of the bike. On the first day I had a riser installed for the handlebars and replaced the seat with a very comfortable seat. My city has specific laws regarding bicycles and I do not feeling like arguing with the local police, so I installed a bell, reflectors on the wheels and also on the front and rear of the bike. I would have done it anyway, law or no law. I bought a new helmet and installed a mirror on it so I can see what is happening behind me. Since I ride at night too, I installed a bicycle light and a backup light. I use a Garmin to give me all the information that I want. I have an action cam mounted too. OK, after grabbing my water bottle and backpack I am ready to ride. This is where the Fun begins. The Levo full suspension with the fat tires is so comfy that I could not ask any more of it. Whether I am riding on the road, dirt and rocky road or down right nasty terrain, the bike is comfortable. As I am shifting down the road, the ride just gets better. 99% of the time, the up and down shifting works smooth. The 1% of the time it doesn't is most likely my fault. I could not ask any more of the shifters either and I like how I can downshift 3 gears real easily . I have no problem downshifting going uphill, it just takes being more careful on how you do it. The bike will climb hills like a mule, no problem there. The brakes are absolutely amazing. After going up steep hills, I never have to worry about not having enough braking power to slow me down. Here is what may amaze me the most, the brakes do not squeak ever, I don't get it, as I have never ridden a bicycle that had quite brakes. When I bought the bike, but had yet to ride it, I did not think I would like the tires and their low pressure. I anticipated a rough ride and did not think the bike would coast downhill very well. I was wrong on both thoughts. The tires perform very well and I will replace them with the same when the time comes. So what don't I like, OK you can laugh now, there are no optional fenders. I hate mud and water being throw into my face and it's hard to see thru the mud on my glasses. I'm not crazy about mud all over my backpack either. I would like to see 25% or more battery capacity. When I drive in the winter and it is 20 degrees out I cannot ride as far. I don't care if it is cold, I want to ride and keep on riding. In the summer I have been able to ride 25 miles with 2 bars left and if you are wondering I always have turbo on at 100%. So after one year I have ridden 761 miles and the battery health is 97%, tires are probably 1/3 worn out. The bike has had only mild cleaning and I oiled the chain once. So that is what it was like to own the Levo for the first year.

Handlebar_Accessories.jpg

Hi, good report! It's funny because when you say "cold" you mention 20º, not sure if that was a mistake, but when it's cold here (Stockholm), is around -15/-20 but I never driven my Turbo on those temperatures (mainly due to the ice on the road). But if I had your bike... dear god... I would drive it even under water.

Back