First Ride on Rip Current S

Merc

Went on my first ride. Did 18 miles in an hour, past the Tournament of Roses in Pasadena where it begins, past the Rose Bowl, north to Altadena, then eastbound through Altadena until I was back in Pasadena where the parade ends and the floats sit there for a week for tourists viewing. What a wonderful ride and day, a brisk 59 degrees. Love every aspect of this bike. So very happy with my purchase and the customer service I’ve received.

Glad to hear you got it on your new RCS, Merc. Looking forward to a more detailed review when you've logged a bunch of miles!

@SirJonathan no wind today, we got hit on Friday. Phone, internet and cable were out. Today was absolutely gorgeous.

As for the ride, just getting use to the gear change on stops and noticing the throttle helps on the initial go, if I failed to gear down. I really like the stability of the bike as I was hitting 30+ mph, and was really floored at how much of a workout I got out of the ride. The torque sensors makes it seems like your in a spin class, cause all I wanna do is spin to just go faster. My legs felt like mush at the end, but I felt invigorated and high on serotonin from the cycling. I was also shocked at how much ground I covered on such a short ride, as I averaged 16.7 mph. I can’t wait to get back on.

I really like the RC-S, if I had any room left in the garage I would grab one. I keep telling my wife to park on the street not in the garage so I could by more toys but she won't listen. Enjoy your new bike Merc.

Back