First E-Bike Today

Riversurf

Hi there.
I live in Corvallis, OR, a bike-crazy town that's perennially rated as one of the most bike friendly small towns in the U.S., with miles and miles of bike lanes and paved/gravel. Something like 10-15% of the population rides to work.

A new ebike store, Corvallis Electric Bikes, opened last week. I just ordered a Kalkhoff Agattu B7, but the shop owner is going to switch out the 400Kh battery for the 500 Kh for a reasonable price. The 500 Kh is found on the B8, which was my first choice, but it's unavailable. Other than the battery capacity, the only difference between them is the extra gear on B8. And the bigger battery will give me significantly more range. The store opened his doors last week and I was his first purchase (gulp). To give you an idea of how bike happy we are: there are four other "regular" bike shops downtown. Three of them are within a block of one another, and the fourth is a few blocks away. But this is guy is the firs E-bike store. I hope he does well. The town is mostly flat, with mountains to the east and west, and I live in one of the few hilly areas of the city, and I face some serious and long grades to get home. On my test rides, the bike made short work of them. It was like riding a magic carpet on wheels.

Steve

I know that feeling the first time you take on a hill with an e-bike ... makes you feel like Superman! Have fun with your new bike.

Hello and Welcome

Post some pics of your new ride and we love seeing pics from a bike-friendly anywhere =D

Back