Finding a $2k Fat Tire Bike (First eBike)

yusiboyz

Region
USA
Hey guys,

I have been doing some research that past week and I am looking to get two fat tire bikes. One for me and one for my spouse. We will be riding them on gravel, beaches, and on trails.

Our budget is around $2000 per bike.

We started looking at the RadRover and we saw the Aventon Aventure bike.

We are looking for ones we don't have to upgrade for a while.

Are there any better ones than the ones above?

We will be pulling a Burley kids trailer on one of them.

I really like my Rad Rover ST. A little over a year and 2,000 problem free miles so far. As I understand it there are lots of upgrades available for the Rad line but I've not personally felt any need for them.

But are you hauling kids trailer though?

I don't know if (stock) Rad Rover will be enough, if you're hauling kid's trailer especially on steep hill.
I don't know. All I can say is that I've yet to encounter a hill that I couldn't pedal up in third gear while sitting. I'm 72 and weigh around 200lbs. My bike is stock but I've read there are lots of easy upgrades available for Rad bikes if their performance doesn't meet ones needs.

I just ordered this fat tire bike for $1,600. It is 'moped / scrambler' style. Looks plenty powerful... They have both a 48 and a 52 one that is more expensive. Worth checking out:

Last edited:
if my Budget is 2000 for a fat tire im going Rize X allday long! 750watt motor! hydraulic brakes! 52volt system,thats huge imo and the bike is dual battery capable so no range worries! i dont care how long the wait is thats the bike i would buy! i would buy two of those badboys and down the road i would buy the 2nd battery packs! it would take some time to outgrow those bikes! anything better is going to cost well over 2000 imo

But are you hauling kids trailer though?

I don't know if (stock) Rad Rover will be enough, if you're hauling kid's trailer especially on steep hill.
Here's a review from a Rad owner that might answer that.
My husband and I each purchased a Rad this year 2021. I'm 5'0" and purchased the mini ST. I now have the freedom and ability to power up and down these New Hampshire hills with ease while pulling my 2 grand daughters in there Burley trailer!! My husband who is 5'10" ,loves his Rover ST just as much! He bikes 20 miles to work and home and loves hisRead more about review stating Amazing Freedom!
"commute". Thank you Rad for giving me the freedom to stay young and healthy!

Back