Few changes on my ET Cycle T1000

Brew61

Region
Canada
Well we have nothing but rain around here the last few weeks or more and everywhere is flooded. So nothing better to do then make some changes on the bike.

First changed out the bars and then added a handle bar extender. Then added a cell phone mount, cup holder and side mirror as well as some new grips. Had to change out the riser stem for the larger bars.

Also went with some different pedals that have a way more aggressive grip. Then added some trim to the wheels and also a water bottle cage. Everything was bought on Amazon and I have no complaints at all with any of the products and they all fit well and are of good quality. Heres a list of parts.

Brew

Attachments

• 20211202_114800.jpg
    20211202_114800.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 390
  • 20211202_114823.jpg
    20211202_114823.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 353
  • 20211202_114900.jpg
    20211202_114900.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 323
  • 20211202_114923.jpg
    20211202_114923.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 369
Also went with some different pedals that have a way more aggressive grip. Then added some trim to the wheels and also a water bottle cage.

When you say that you added some trim to the wheels, did you mean that you replaced your rim tape with the red 3M vinyl tape?

I didn't know that you could do that?
I thought that the rim tape was some kind of special Kevlar or nylon material?

You do need something that can stretch. I tried some reflective tape on there first and that didn't have any stretch, so it just cracked. Then I tried the vinyl tape and it has held up just fine. I still have the factory rim tape over top of the vinyl tape. The biggest problem was finding tape wide enough.

If you plan on doing this with tape, you don't want the sticky side to stick to anything. So, I laid out a piece long enough to go all the way around the wheel on the floor with the sticky side up and then used a piece of toilet tissue the same length and laid it over top. Trim the edges off and now it will not stick to anything.

Bruce

OK, now I get it.

Was the original rim tape stuck in place?
I guess that it must stretch enough to get it on and off the rim, unless it is a single strip that overlaps at the ends?

Mine appeared to be stuck to the rim, and I was REALLY careful not to touch it when I installed the Tannus inserts.

It seemed like if it wasn't stuck in place, it would slip into the oval holes and the tube would bulge out if it wasn't held in place?

OK, now I get it.

Was the original rim tape stuck in place?
I guess that it must stretch enough to get it on and off the rim, unless it is a single strip that overlaps at the ends?

Mine appeared to be stuck to the rim, and I was REALLY careful not to touch it when I installed the Tannus inserts.

It seemed like if it wasn't stuck in place, it would slip into the oval holes and the tube would bulge out if it wasn't held in place?
No, it is not stuck in place, it will come off really easy. It is a solid band and will stretch just enough to come off the rim. You can find different color Rim tape out there but it is way cheaper to buy a roll of tape for a couple of dollars.

Bruce

Back