Fenders for Trek PowerFly 5

paraganek

Hi everyone,

Just got new Trek PowerFly 5 (the police version with rear rack) for my daily commute and love it so far.
I am looking for some fenders to add before the rainy season starts over here.
I have already visited two bike shops here in Portland but no where they were able to find me fenders that would fit the bike.
They just claim the bike is not made for riding with fenders.
Has anyone added some nice fenders to PowerFly 5 ?

Please share.

Thank you.

Daniel

Hi everyone,

Just got new Trek PowerFly 5 (the police version with rear rack) for my daily commute and love it so far.
I have already visited two bike shops here in Portland but no where they were able to find me fenders that would fit the bike.

Please share.

Thank you.

Daniel

Dan-

I am really lovin this. The second member today that has purchased this model (One of my favorites with very positive reviews here and at the Trek website). As far as fenders, perhaps you can contact Trek corporate tech support and see what their recommendations are OR I have used these Topeak DeFenders and they work quite well when clamped on. Good Luck!

Hi everyone,

Please share.

Thank you.

Daniel

Go to G&O family cyclery and I am SURE they will find a way to do it.
https://familycyclery.com/

Most of the BULLS, Haibike, Riese and Muller bikes have wide tires and they come with SKS fenders (Blumels).
Check these out:

https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/bluemels-75-u/
https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/edge-al-56/

I have the local Trek dealer emailing to see when these 75 U's will be available in Canada. They seem like the ticket for me, basically full wrap for a front suspension bike with 2.4/2.25 tires.

I just purchased a 2020 Trek Powerfly 5 and looking at getting fenders and a rack for it.

it’s been 2 years since last post here so wondering if Anyone found a decent set for the bike.

pic of bike with fenders would be great!
tks

Last edited:
I just purchased a 2020 Trek Powerfly 5 and looking at getting fenders and a rack for it.

it’s been 2 years since last post here so wondering if Anyone found a decent set for the bike.

pic of bike with fenders would be great!
tks
Hi everyone,

Please share.

Thank you.

Daniel
It is absolutely possible to install fenders and rack on your Powerfly, but it won’t be cheap unless you compromise. (Compromise would be clip in fenders or skinnier tires) I have a Surly rack in the rear fits perfect! As for fenders - the only true full wraps that I could find that was large enough to cover 2.35 tires were honjo h101 sold by sim-works. As for the fork - my powerfly4 had fender mounts in the Suntour xcm but I swapped the fork out for a rigid carbon trek 1120 fork - takes fenders no problem. The photo I have attached is an older version of fenders -which are no longer manufactured- on my trek Powerfly 4. If interested I will go out later and snap a better photo withbthe updated fenders. To me it is worth the money to have my bike set up the way I like it. Xcuse typos here.

Attachments

• 5C9D97FB-03C7-42FF-8631-ABF5999197C1.jpeg
    5C9D97FB-03C7-42FF-8631-ABF5999197C1.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 542
  • B9B75547-C0D7-4353-9BEA-3978C18F16BA.jpeg
    B9B75547-C0D7-4353-9BEA-3978C18F16BA.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 6B1A5D91-894D-45D8-96ED-1DDADE531C6E.jpeg
    6B1A5D91-894D-45D8-96ED-1DDADE531C6E.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 293
And.. sim-works is in Portland and the fenders are labeled as honjo “flat 80” in black - and they are solid and beautiful - and super expensive

It is absolutely possible to install fenders and rack on your Powerfly, but it won’t be cheap unless you compromise. (Compromise would be clip in fenders or skinnier tires) I have a Surly rack in the rear fits perfect! As for fenders - the only true full wraps that I could find that was large enough to cover 2.35 tires were honjo h101 sold by sim-works. As for the fork - my powerfly4 had fender mounts in the Suntour xcm but I swapped the fork out for a rigid carbon trek 1120 fork - takes fenders no problem. The photo I have attached is an older version of fenders -which are no longer manufactured- on my trek Powerfly 4. If interested I will go out later and snap a better photo withbthe updated fenders. To me it is worth the money to have my bike set up the way I like it. Xcuse typos here.
Tks you sir for the info. As indicated I got myself a 2020 Powerfly 5 and wife a 2021 Powerfly 4 same colour as yours. I did some searching and decided to just go with with rack for both bikes for now and wait for fenders. Once we move out of Newfoundland to the mainland, we might look at changing to a more urban style riding and switch to a slicker tires along with fenders. We are both really excited and can’t wait for spring! Tks again👍

Tks you sir for the info. As indicated I got myself a 2020 Powerfly 5 and wife a 2021 Powerfly 4 same colour as yours. I did some searching and decided to just go with with rack for both bikes for now and wait for fenders. Once we move out of Newfoundland to the mainland, we might look at changing to a more urban style riding and switch to a slicker tires along with fenders. We are both really excited and can’t wait for spring! Tks again👍
Enjoy!

Back