Fenders and Frame Locks

Amanda

Need help. My Abus frame lock cant comfortably wrap around my Surface604 fenders AND be ziptied to the rear racks stays connecting to the seat post.

I don't want to abandon the idea of having it on my rear wheel as a convenient lock for coffee runs, but I don't know how to use it now.

I'd have to modify my rear fender to make room and I don't know if that's advisable.

You have to do some trimming to the fender at the Abus frame lock location until it fits. Needs trial and error and not an easy job to do but that's what I'll do if I were you.

Tough call when they are great looking fenders that are worth more than the lock.
But as Mark has already stated above, the only way is to use both simultaneously will be to modify the fender the location, or both.

Noise from the puddle covered sidewalks swishing water up my fenders was kind of wigging me out on the ride home tonight.

I'm loathe to touch my fenders, and if I had something that could possibly clip away the boys of the mounting area touching the fenders I might try that. It will take some investigating. I'm really disappointed. The seller apologized for not catching on sooner that neither of us considered the fender problem before I added the lock to my bike order. Perhaps it can be mounted to the old bike and used by another family member.

I wonder if another brand would work better? Anybody specialize in frame locks for fat tires lol.

Abus makes some other frame locks that work with wider tires, but the US distributor doesn't brining them in. If you look on their international site you can see many options. Maybe it's worth checking if another part would solve your problem.

I find some EU bike parts at https://www.bike-discount.de with the EU devalued there are some great deals even with $19 DHL shipping. I try to stay n the USA but don't consider buying from them much different than Amazon, a multinational reseller.

I'm looking at the Axa Click frame locks which seems taller or longer. Emailed to find out how much wider.

No website search function accommodates the equivalent 3" fenders I have :( width maxes out around 68mm when I need like.....80+

Back