Fathom 2020 Pro SUDDEN OFF!!

f1s0ciety

saw some problems with the fathom Pro 2020 + keep turning off during ride. the system keep turning off suddenly. Turn it on back, it will off again!
any solution for this?

My 2020 Trance E+ was doing the same thing. Turned out to be bad wiring for the speed sensor. Wires were crushed, I guess during manufacturing. They replaced the sensor w/cable and have not had any problems since. I would take it in to your LBS.

I am sure you've checked this, but I will share anyways. Is your battery fully seated? When I insert mine, there's two clicks and to get the second one, you need to squeeze.

Plus, when I got my bike (E+ 1 Pro) a month ago, the seal around the battery as not applied properly and that second squeeze was harder than it should have been. The seal strips and also the battery cover have since been replaced on warranty.

I have never experienced what you and others have. And now the superstitious person that I am is thinking "now you've done it!".😉😉

Sometimes you just need to adjust the top two screws that keeps the battery lock in place. I did it once I got my bike and never had a problem since.

Update

After they try to fix it with shim , today After fews day since the bike returned from assistance the problem recurred and the bike shuts off randomly. This ebike have 3 months of life, what rights can I claim. Im really tired of this situation

Really sorry to hear that... Giant does not replace bikes usually, you will have to talk to the dealer and ask for a replacement or refund :(

So giant doesn’t replace a bike after it has already been in assistance 2 weeks before with 3 months of life?
This is Crazy

I had the same problem on my Fastroad 2, in the end Giant Australia replaced my bike, since then 400km and no problems. Only thing they didn't replace when trying to fix it was the battery itself, they even changed the motor.

Yeah, I've seen some bikes failing due to faulty batteries, but it is very hard to diagnose when the problem is the battery as it becomes a very random problem :(

Yeah, I've seen some bikes failing due to faulty batteries, but it is very hard to diagnose when the problem is the battery as it becomes a very random problem :(

if there is a problem with the battery is easy to test with another battery....the big problems are when the bike doesn't turn on, like the bike is dead...or when the bike stop, or swith off itself totally random.

There is a ServiceTool to diagnostique the bike, but sometimes it can't detect any error...then is crazy to find the problem.

Back