Fat Tire Bikes With Ultra Power

Power spec wise, probably not. No throttle. Just a great torque sensor that reacts immediately to the turning of your pedal. With a throttle, you can pretty much forget about any ambitions of getting great range; what a bike becomes at that point is a moped without the great gas mileage!

IGR-Internal Gear Hub? Ask veteran poster David Berry what he feels about his ultra high tech, industry standard Rohloff Rear Hub on his Riese and Muller on that one. He's got a thread floating about on here detailing the frustrations about his bike. The Rohloff gear hub has been proven in thousands upon thousands of bike touring miles but maybe the verdict is still out on an ebike application. The Sram Eagle and Eagle NX series rear cassette cluster features some big rear sprockets for getting through deep sand or steep hills with not much issue.

Haibike also has a cheaper priced, FatSix hardtail (with Rock Shox front fork), that one too with the Yamaha drive, but one a bit tamed down on the upper power output end.

To me and my biased opinion based on my riding adventures, there are only two top tier fat tired ebikes on the market worth considering at this time: the Haibike FatSix entries featuring Yamaha power and the Bulls Monster ebikes, hard tail and full suspension, powered by Bosch.

Awesome info, many thanks. I had a double lung transplant and the trails are a few miles from my house. Hence the need for a throttle. I’m working my way up to doing it all on my own. I will check out Bulls as well. Thanks buddy.

Awesome info, many thanks. I had a double lung transplant and the trails are a few miles from my house. Hence the need for a throttle. I’m working my way up to doing it all on my own. I will check out Bulls as well. Thanks buddy.
All the best to ya, Matt. Myself, I had some stents put in the ole heart plumbing 9 years ago. I can tell you that with the size of those rear gear clusters on the Haibikes and Bulls, that spinning easily on the pedals is a simple thing to do; the throttle is really not the be-all, end-all for you. It just takes time, as you right now are feeling. It does get better! :)

Let us know what you end up getting. Oh....one more thing......Court has reviewd both the Bulls and Haibike fatties on his site here, both the hard tails and full suspension bikes. Just as well, he also has reviewed the Felt Outfitter, another high quality, Bosch powered fat ebike. That one sadly is no longer in production, but I see them come up for sale on craigslist as well as ebay on occasion.

Definitely check out wattwagon

the fat six is an awesome bike but totally different than the ultra motor, both have their advantages and disadvantages

pretty sure pushkar can make the bike with whatever you want on it and it seems to tick all the boxes you listed

FWIW, the Haibike doesn't have walk assist enabled in the US. With a lung transplant I don't think you'd want to walk a heavy fat bike up a section you can't ride. Also, you'll want more than 500W (peak) and 500wh battery if you are spending ~$5K on a fat bike. Something with Bafang Ultra makes more sense with 2-3x more power and larger battery for less money, unless you want to step up to a Watt Wagon.

FWIW, the Haibike doesn't have walk assist enabled in the US. With a lung transplant I don't think you'd want to walk a heavy fat bike up a section you can't ride. Also, you'll want more than 500W (peak) and 500wh battery if you are spending ~$5K on a fat bike. Something with Bafang Ultra makes more sense with 2-3x more power and larger battery for less money, unless you want to step up to a Watt Wagon.

Thats the way I am going. Just waiting on him to do the drawing. 👍

Back