Fat Tire Bikes With Ultra Power

Matt F.

Hey guys, I am new to the group and searching for a fat-tire bike to use for beach, trail and street riding here in the Florida panhandle. I have seen other threads on this subject but price is not a factor for me and I just want the best bike.

I have looked at just about every bike review out there and need some advice. I love the idea of a gates carbon belt and mid drive motor. I am not sold on full suspension but I would like to have at least good front suspension. I would like a throttle if possible. I have looked at the Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra FS, Luna Fat Babe and Luna Apex (may be overkill). I also looked at the M2S All Terrain Ultra FS but I found out the bike is being re-released mid summer with changes. Your help is appreciated.

Power is a priority and range is important to me as well.

i dont think Luna make the Apex anymore and the Babe is not as powerful as the M2S or the Biktrix.
if you just want power and speed why not go with one of the faster 2500watt( Ludicrous) BBSHD Luna Bikes like the KHS3000 or try the Biktrix, Biktrix offer a 52v 17ah battery over M2s 48v xxAH so the Juggernaut would be my second choice.

i dont think Luna make the Apex anymore and the Babe is not as powerful as the M2S or the Biktrix.
if you just want power and speed why not go with one of the faster 2500watt( Ludicrous) BBSHD Luna Bikes like the KHS3000 or try the Biktrix, Biktrix offer a 52v 17ah battery over M2s 48v xxAH so the Juggernaut would be my second choice.
Thanks, definitely something to consider. I’ll take a look at that as well.

I saw 2 YouTube video's

Bolton bikes sells a 1100 w fatbike that goes 40 miles an hour for like 2300 dollar.

The quickest I seen on YouTube is the juiced hyperfat (great onboard video) and he Goes faster than 40 I believe.

Both are USA

I saw 2 YouTube video's

Bolton bikes sells a 1100 w fatbike that goes 40 miles an hour for like 2300 dollar.

The quickest I seen on YouTube is the juiced hyperfat (great onboard video) and he Goes faster than 40 I believe.

Both are USA
I checked on the Hyperfat and talked to juiced bikes about it. Right now they don’t know when it will be released again. The M2S is nice as well but it is sold out and they are redesigning it and doing away with the integrated battery, which is one thing I really like about it. That leaves very few options. I will check out the Bolton though. Thanks.

The best current fat tired ebike out there is the new Haibike Full FatSix with the Yamaha PX2 e-drive system. Dual suspension. Mid drive. Sram Eagle gearing. Nothing but the best of the best components and top tier frame build quality. And yes, it comes with a cost but it'll be the last bike you probably will buy if you take care of it.

The 500wh battery delivers exceptional range for a fatty, I know cause I have one, a 2016 model.

I take mine anywhere and everywhere, from the local asphalt roads and bike paths, to the deep sugar sand roads of the NJ Pine Barrens. I'm pretty partial to this model bike as mine has given me zero problems in the near 10 thousand miles of riding it, 12 months of the year, in all kinds of weather conditions. The Yamaha motors and batteries have proven to be near bulletproof, judging by what I've read from other owners of this drive system on these EBR forum pages.

The best current fat tired ebike out there is the new Haibike Full FatSix with the Yamaha PX2 e-drive system. Dual suspension. Mid drive. Sram Eagle gearing. Nothing but the best of the best components and top tier frame build quality. And yes, it comes with a cost but it'll be the last bike you probably will buy if you take care of it.

The 500wh battery delivers exceptional range for a fatty, I know cause I have one, a 2016 model.

I take mine anywhere and everywhere, from the local asphalt roads and bike paths, to the deep sugar sand roads of the NJ Pine Barrens. I'm pretty partial to this model bike as mine has given me zero problems in the near 10 thousand miles of riding it, 12 months of the year, in all kinds of weather conditions. The Yamaha motors and batteries have proven to be near bulletproof, judging by what I've read from other owners of this drive system on these EBR forum pages.

I will check it out. Does the power really compare to an Ultra? Does the Fatsix have a throttle? What are your thoughts on IGRs?

I checked on the Hyperfat and talked to juiced bikes about it. Right now they don’t know when it will be released again. The M2S is nice as well but it is sold out and they are redesigning it and doing away with the integrated battery, which is one thing I really like about it. That leaves very few options. I will check out the Bolton though. Thanks.
the Bolton is also BBSHD powered but he sells out within a couple of days usually, very hard to snag a bike from Bolton.
the Full Fat 6 that someone mentioned is a sweet bike but the most powerful it is not. If you like the Bolton but its sold out try the Biktrix (HD) ists pretty much the same bike with a thicker frame.

I will check it out. Does the power really compare to an Ultra? Does the Fatsix have a throttle? What are your thoughts on IGRs?

Just checked the Haibike site. Fatsix 10.0 is out of stock as well???!!! WTH! Why is there no inventory out there in fat tire bikes?

also check out frey bike, they offer a Dual Battery Ultra bike, but you may have to wait for a group buy to purchase one, go check out the web site! the price is also great!

Here's my Biktrix Ultra , which I have made quite a few changes to. The biggest improvements were the the 3.5 inch street tires and swapping out the front suspension for a rigid one. If you want big power , you don't need to look any further than a Fatbike powered by the Bafang Ultra. And it has smooth power delivery thanks to Roshan's tuning. Plenty of range with 48 volt /21ah battery. Good luck !
_DSC1779.jpeg

also check out frey bike, they offer a Dual Battery Ultra bike, but you may have to wait for a group buy to purchase one, go check out the web site! the price is also great!

What model are you referring to? I don’t see a fat series that has that.

Here's my Biktrix Ultra , which I have made quite a few changes to. The biggest improvements were the the 3.5 inch street tires and swapping out the front suspension for a rigid one. If you want big power , you don't need to look any further than a Fatbike powered by the Bafang Ultra. And it has smooth power delivery thanks to Roshan's tuning. Plenty of range with 48 volt /21ah battery. Good luck !View attachment 49905
That is absolutely one of the contenders. Not familiar with Roshan’s tuning......?

Here's my Biktrix Ultra , which I have made quite a few changes to. The biggest improvements were the the 3.5 inch street tires and swapping out the front suspension for a rigid one. If you want big power , you don't need to look any further than a Fatbike powered by the Bafang Ultra. And it has smooth power delivery thanks to Roshan's tuning. Plenty of range with 48 volt /21ah battery. Good luck !View attachment 49905
sweet ride! love those tires! i also went Biktrix! here my HD
1013191033b.jpg

Power spec wise, probably not. No throttle. Just a great torque sensor that reacts immediately to the turning of your pedal. With a throttle, you can pretty much forget about any ambitions of getting great range; what a bike becomes at that point is a moped without the great gas mileage!

IGR-Internal Gear Hub? Ask veteran poster David Berry what he feels about his ultra high tech, industry standard Rohloff Rear Hub on his Riese and Muller on that one. He's got a thread floating about on here detailing the frustrations about his bike. The Rohloff gear hub has been proven in thousands upon thousands of bike touring miles but maybe the verdict is still out on an ebike application. The Sram Eagle and Eagle NX series rear cassette cluster features some big rear sprockets for getting through deep sand or steep hills with not much issue.

Haibike also has a cheaper priced, FatSix hardtail (with Rock Shox front fork), that one too with the Yamaha drive, but one a bit tamed down on the upper power output end.

To me and my biased opinion based on my riding adventures, there are only two top tier fat tired ebikes on the market worth considering at this time: the Haibike FatSix entries featuring Yamaha power and the Bulls Monster ebikes, hard tail and full suspension, powered by Bosch.

Couple photos for ya, 2016 model year Haibike Full FatSix, Yamaha PW drive. Each model year features a different frame paint scheme, other then that, they all ride the same; with the newer, high 10.0 model having the high output PWX-2 motor....

Attachments

• 100_3812.JPG
    100_3812.JPG
    612.4 KB · Views: 484
  • 100_3813.JPG
    100_3813.JPG
    664.9 KB · Views: 431
Back