FastRoad E+

Knolan

Hello!
I’m considering an e-bike to replace my Rapid 3 on a longer commute.
Any opinions on the FastRoad E+? It seems similar to my current bike but I don’t see any reviews of it online.
My local Giant store is all out of stock until 2019 models come out around October.

Thank you!

Trek guy though I may be, I like the Giant stuff a lot. Was looking at a Quick E Saturday in a local bike shop that was really nice, love the Toughroad GX E+ too. I'd buy any of them in a heartbeat.

That said, I'm not quite sure what a FastRoad E+ is... the Road E+?

Trek guy though I may be, I like the Giant stuff a lot. Was looking at a Quick E Saturday in a local bike shop that was really nice, love the Toughroad GX E+ too. I'd buy any of them in a heartbeat.

That said, I'm not quite sure what a FastRoad E+ is... the Road E+?

This is the FastRoad:

https://giant-shop.fr/img/cms/VAE 2018/Spec-VAE 2018/Fastroad-e/FastRoad-E+ S5.jpg

It caught my eye as it’s very similar to what I cycle now. It’ll be limited to 25km/h and I average about 24 on my route currently.

I think Giant calls your FastRoad an Explore in the US. Very solid, stable bike. I rented and rode an Explore for a few hours and it feels very solid.

I think Giant calls your FastRoad an Explore in the US. Very solid, stable bike. I rented and rode an Explore for a few hours and it feels very solid.

Ah, that might explain why I can’t find anything.

EDIT: I’m not so sure. The Explore’s frame looks very similar but has wider gravel tyres while the FastRoad has narrow road tyres.

Last edited:
I just preorder mine in New Zealand. It's called the fastroad E+ here and it's limited to 45kmh!! aren't we lucky over here that the only limitations are the motor wattage. Can't wait to get my hands on it end of October.

I just preorder mine in New Zealand. It's called the fastroad E+ here and it's limited to 45kmh!! aren't we lucky over here that the only limitations are the motor wattage. Can't wait to get my hands on it end of October.

Hey Jaimewc!
I'm in Chch too and looking at an ebike.
I was thinking about swapping my Giant Talon for a Fathom e+, but they won't arrive until December. So i thought I would just get a Fastroad e+ instead. Especially since it has the better battery and 45kph speed.

Can I ask how much you paid and where you ordered it from?
The best price I have found was NZ$3,399.15 from a place in Auckland.

Hey Jaimewc!
I'm in Chch too and looking at an ebike.
I was thinking about swapping my Giant Talon for a Fathom e+, but they won't arrive until December. So i thought I would just get a Fastroad e+ instead. Especially since it has the better battery and 45kph speed.

Can I ask how much you paid and where you ordered it from?
The best price I have found was NZ$3,399.15 from a place in Auckland.
$3399 is a really good price, I paid $3799 from Evo cycles

$3399 is a really good price, I paid $3799 from Evo cycles

Yeah I was surprised to see it with 15% off before it was even released...
I might try for a pricematch at Evo/Pushbikes/Torpedo7.

edit: pushbikes only match within 50kms.

Have you found any mudguards for the fastroad? It would be nice to get some similar to the Quick E+.

Last edited:
Yeah I was surprised to see it with 15% off before it was even released...
I might try for a pricematch at Evo/Pushbikes/Torpedo7.

edit: pushbikes only match within 50kms.

Have you found any mudguards for the fastroad? It would be nice to get some similar to the Quick E+.
I haven't looked for mudgaurds, to be honest this one appealed to me because of the lack of mudgaurds etc(I'm far to cool for practical things ?). But I'm sure if you asked at the shop you end up purchasing from they will have something. I'm so excited to get my hands on this bike!!!

I haven't looked for mudgaurds, to be honest this one appealed to me because of the lack of mudgaurds etc(I'm far to cool for practical things ?). But I'm sure if you asked at the shop you end up purchasing from they will have something. I'm so excited to get my hands on this bike!!!

Hah yeah I'm really torn.
I want a e road or fastroad e, but I want mudguards to save my clothes. The Quick e just doesn't look as cool...

I'm excited about it and I haven't even ordered one!

Hello!
I’m considering an e-bike to replace my Rapid 3 on a longer commute.
Any opinions on the FastRoad E+? It seems similar to my current bike but I don’t see any reviews of it online.
My local Giant store is all out of stock until 2019 models come out around October.

Thank you!
I finally received my 2019 fastroad E+ yesterday, I rode it to work today and my 17km commute toke me 30mins in normal mode. The bike looks and feels fantastic and really turns heads. I'm not to sure where you are located on the planet, but here in New Zealand the fastroad are limited to 45kmph (you should see the smile on my face when I ride it) I could probably go, work - home - work on a single charge if I left it in normal mode and in ideal conditions. My colleagues were really surprised as when I told them I was getting an e-bike they had pictured something entirely different. This is my first E - bike but I feel totally confident recommending it to any one who wants a really fast commute. Although, if it was limited to 25 or even 32kmph I think I would likely be not so impressed.

Back