External Battery

Karl_Mcr

Hi,

I am based in the UK & have equivalent to the Qualisport Nemo which is branded here as Emu Mini. It's my first eBike, a nice one to dip my toe into them.

I bought it second hand, & it has a 5.2Ah battery. I have a 9-mile total commute to work & I struggle to back home on the one charge ... due to headwinds, I find I use 4 a lot, & bursts of 5 on occasion which is a heavy drain.

I have bought a 2nd charger to leave in my workplace & it been great (full charge leaving home, & full charge leaving work has been perfect), except that I have to remove the saddle & bring in to my desk to charge - No charging sockets yet at our Lockup. Removing the battery constantly means the level isn't gripping lie it should, I slide down when cycling.

My questions are;
Has anyone installed a larger external battery (rear rack mounted for example)? - I understand that the Seatpost Battery is a major selling point for these bikes, makes them different from other folding bikes.

Is the connector between the bike & the battery an industry-standard size, or even Samsung standard connector with other Samsung batteries? How compatible with other 36V batteries is it - Does type of connection have a name which I can look out for?

If I have to stick with the Seatpost type battery, is 7Ah still the largest available or have they improved in recent years?

Are there any forums or youtube channels about people doing modifications to the different types of Qualisport eBikes?

Thanks for reading & any help offered.

Hi,

I am based in the UK & have equivalent to the Qualisport Nemo which is branded here as Emu Mini. It's my first eBike, a nice one to dip my toe into them.

I bought it second hand, & it has a 5.2Ah battery. I have a 9-mile total commute to work & I struggle to back home on the one charge ... due to headwinds, I find I use 4 a lot, & bursts of 5 on occasion which is a heavy drain.

I have bought a 2nd charger to leave in my workplace & it been great (full charge leaving home, & full charge leaving work has been perfect), except that I have to remove the saddle & bring in to my desk to charge - No charging sockets yet at our Lockup. Removing the battery constantly means the level isn't gripping lie it should, I slide down when cycling.

My questions are;
Has anyone installed a larger external battery (rear rack mounted for example)? - I understand that the Seatpost Battery is a major selling point for these bikes, makes them different from other folding bikes.

Is the connector between the bike & the battery an industry-standard size, or even Samsung standard connector with other Samsung batteries? How compatible with other 36V batteries is it - Does type of connection have a name which I can look out for?

If I have to stick with the Seatpost type battery, is 7Ah still the largest available or have they improved in recent years?

Are there any forums or youtube channels about people doing modifications to the different types of Qualisport eBikes?

Thanks for reading & any help offered.
Hello, I am Raúl from Spain, I have a Nemo with an external battery, you only need a 36v battery, a GX16 type connector and a bag to put the battery hanging from the stem, the connector:
Screenshot_20200121-182713_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some photos of my bicycle😍:
20200131_122647.jpg
20200131_122711.jpg
20200203_133441.jpg
20200219_135707.jpg

In telegram we have a group that talk about it and its upgrades:CMSXIAOKE

Attachments

• 1588945970762.png
    1588945970762.png
    312 bytes · Views: 423
Hi Raúl,

That information is perfect, thank you.

I will do some more research now ... Your bike is gorgeous, nice blue.

Gracias y a salvo.

Back