External battery for Ebikemotion x35 and speedfun ghost

Katrien61

Region
Europe
Hi, I'm Katrien from Belgium...my first post on this forum 🙂
I ride almost one year with my Bianchi Aria e-road, with Mahle Ebikemotion x35. I tuned my bike with a speedfun ghost to bring my speed to a higher level (around 30 km/h). Now I want to buy an external battery (Mahle) for longer rides with my friends, but the supplier of the speedfun ghost says on their site that it is not recommended to install battery extenders on e-bikes equipped with Ghost X35 tuning to avoid incompatibility problems. I emailed them and they said that there were a few problems in the past years but they never find self the problem and the solution. Is anyone here familiar with the problem, and more important..with the solution!! There has to be a solution, because I heard from someone that Wilier once had this problem and solved it, but nobody can tell me how :(
The price of an external battery from Mahle is around 600€ so I have to be sure that I'm not destroying my battery.
If someone can help me out here, thanks in advance!
Katrien

I have the bianchi aria e road, and I have an additional extender, the problem that mahale extenders give is compatibility with the bike's software, so that this does not happen, you have to update the bike's firmware using some cables and the software that You have to provide mahale to the bike dealer, to avoid that they sell some extenders in volabike, Spain, I have one and without problems, it works perfectly.

1675185010436.jpg

Hi, I'm Katrien from Belgium...my first post on this forum 🙂
I ride almost one year with my Bianchi Aria e-road, with Mahle Ebikemotion x35. I tuned my bike with a speedfun ghost to bring my speed to a higher level (around 30 km/h). Now I want to buy an external battery (Mahle) for longer rides with my friends, but the supplier of the speedfun ghost says on their site that it is not recommended to install battery extenders on e-bikes equipped with Ghost X35 tuning to avoid incompatibility problems. I emailed them and they said that there were a few problems in the past years but they never find self the problem and the solution. Is anyone here familiar with the problem, and more important..with the solution!! There has to be a solution, because I heard from someone that Wilier once had this problem and solved it, but nobody can tell me how :(
The price of an external battery from Mahle is around 600€ so I have to be sure that I'm not destroying my battery.
If someone can help me out here, thanks in advance!
Katrien
Katrien /All

I would also like to run the Speedfun Ghost with my Ebikemotion X35+ and the Mahle range extender battery, did you resolve this question?

Thanks

The one from Mahale will give you problems with the software of the bike's battery, you'll have to update it, if you buy the one from Volabike you won't have any problems, I have one.

r1oman,

Thank you for the quick reply
The picture of the Bianchi bike has a Volabike range extender battery. I have the Mahle range extender battery.
Are you also using the Volabike Tuner 2.0 or the Speed Fun Ghost?

Many Thanks

Katrien /All

I would also like to run the Speedfun Ghost with my Ebikemotion X35+ and the Mahle range extender battery, did you resolve this question?

Thanks
To answer my own question

ebikemotion x35+ ( ebikemotion Battery: Firmware 4B, iWoc: Firmware iM2EM126, Smart Controller: Firmware 4107)
+ Mahle range extender
+ Speedfun Ghost

Appears to work with no compatibility issues.

Back