Expedited Shipping Options and Shipping Update

YaHeyDere

Region
USA
City
Packertown, WI
Expedited Shipping Options and Shipping Update.png

Just received today from Lectric. Interesting option to skip the long line. I'm a cheapskate and probably won't bite, but it's interesting.

yeah I got that email also... so does that mean everyone that pays the extra money jumps ahead of me if I don't pay?

That's my take, if I jump up, someone else is going to wait, at least a little. Maybe more than a little if Lectric staff are spending time on expedited orders instead of regular ones.

I'm #845XX Black XP, pretty much end of the list, so jumping from mid/late-August (or longer) to 2 weeks from now is a bit tempting.

$150 is a lot of money though. Another shipper involved means another chance for the bike to be damaged in transit. And there are other folks who have been waiting a long time.

they certainly could have done a little better in the explanation

my thought is they have rented a few planes as there
IS PROBABLY A BACKLOG IN COMPLETED BIKES AT THE FACTORY AND THEY CANNOT SHIP THEM FAST ENOUGH
BY BOAT

also probably they are falling further and further behind in the delivery process creating a backlog that cannot be managed going forward without creating a lot of headaches and staffing costs

so this is a cost effective alternative to speed things up to reduce the BACKLOG OF COMPLETED BIKES

good neat idea and glad they are trying

OK, that totally makes sense that they're chartering planes to move bikes from China to Los Angeles, and making the offer that in exchange for helping them cover the plane-shipping cost, buyers get the plane-shipped bikes instead of waiting for the ones coming over on a container ship. Got it.

So, instead of suggesting that buyers jump the existing line for $150, they're creating a second, parallel and faster line that costs $150 to switch to.

I bet that you're absolutely right on all counts, @Cement Shoes .

According to this news story, cargo planes can carry bulk lithium-ion batteries as long as the batteries are below 30% charge. TIL. Maybe Lectric will be able to ship a bunch of batteries by plane too.

Last edited:
yeah I got that email also... so does that mean everyone that pays the extra money jumps ahead of me if I don't pay?
If you READ the email, it says : "If you do not choose to expedite your shipping via airplane, your bike will be delivered according to the estimate given at the time of purchase."

If you READ the email, it says : "If you do not choose to expedite your shipping via airplane, your bike will be delivered according to the estimate given at the time of purchase."
I ordered mine at the end of May and the estimate at time of purchase was 6 weeks, which was last week. Based on the new chart, it should hopefully ship within the next 2 weeks so I think I can wait.

they certainly could have done a little better in the explanation

my thought is they have rented a few planes as there
IS PROBABLY A BACKLOG IN COMPLETED BIKES AT THE FACTORY AND THEY CANNOT SHIP THEM FAST ENOUGH
BY BOAT

also probably they are falling further and further behind in the delivery process creating a backlog that cannot be managed going forward without creating a lot of headaches and staffing costs

so this is a cost effective alternative to speed things up to reduce the BACKLOG OF COMPLETED BIKES

good neat idea and glad they are trying
very thought out response!

FWIW...The $999 Rad Power "Radmission 1" eBike...(EBR calls it the best affordable Electric Bike of 2021) is available and ships NEXT business day. For anyone not needing a fat tire folding bike, this may get you riding in a couple of days. They have a mid step in multiple colors. BTW Rad Power bikes is considered one of the best eBike companies in the world, so you are not sacrificing anything in terms of that. If I didn't have an eBike and didn't need a folding bike...this would be in my driveway in a few days.

Pass - no fenders $100, no back rack $100 dollars, no shocks $150 so that adds at least 350 dollars more to the Rad Power to equal what you would get with xp 2.0
OOPS, You left out one more non-feature. It's a SINGLE SPEED!

Last edited:
Also, from a completely subjective standpoint, the Radmission looks very sensible and practical, which is to say, meh. It just doesn't click for me at all. The Radrunner and Radrover click.

I ended up deciding to do the expedited shipping. Paid for it on Sunday, got the notice yesterday (Wednesday) from FedEx that the label was created. The XP should arrive sometime next week.

The thing that changed my mind on spending the $150 was the snap in the air when walking Sunday morning. Summer doesn't last long in Wisconsin, and Fall is on the way. Time to ride. If I waited for regular shipping, it would likely be mid-August or even September before the bike would show up.

From Jason at Lectric: "If you were to expedite, you would be placed at the top of the priority list, but it shouldn't effect the other orders too much, as we are getting a very large amount of bikes." Good news for everyone.

Update 7/31/2021, to make the dates clearer:
  • Tuesday 7/6/2021, ordered the black XP 2.0, no extras, order #845XX, $999.00.
  • Sunday 7/17/2021, ordered the expedited shipping, $150.00.
  • Wednesday 7/21/2021, label created, Glendale AZ.
  • Monday 7/26/2021, FedEx picked up the package, Santa Fe Springs, CA.
  • Friday 7/30/2021, FedEx estimated delivery, WI.
  • Saturday 7/31/2021, FedEx actual delivery after mis-delivery to Chicago.
The bike arrived in good condition. No obvious damage to box or packing materials. Took ~3 hours to charge battery. Bike started without error codes. Have yet to pump up tires or ride it.

CST Patrol 20x3.0 tires, inflate to 30 PSI.

Last edited:
Back