Ever think of getting a companion to the XP? Of course you have.

Fiido with a 15mph top speed means anyone on a Lectric will be waiting or in pas 1 the whole ride. I like the battery. My guess is the actual range is more like half of the stated distance.

The Lectric was a good beginner eBike, but I would go next time with a non-folding, non-fat tire, 27.5" tire eBike. I find the 20" fat tires great for traction on snow or sand, but I honestly have no use for either as I'm on asphalt or hard dirt 99.5% of the time. Nor do I fold the bike 99% of the time. The 2 things I thought I needed (fat tires and folding) turns out that I really don't. And frankly any folding bike costs more to manufacture than a non-folding bike. Why does that matter..?...because costs are cut elsewhere (drive train, brakes, suspension) to make up for the ability to fold. There are so many choices now in the non-folding arena, I also rarely shift the bike because its really not necessary on a powerful hub drive eBike (unless you are running up and down large hills which I don't.

I'm leaning toward a belt driven, single speed, Class 3, hub driven eBike with the 27.5" tires. It would literally be maintenance free except for the brakes...yet powerful enough so shifting is not needed and the larger diameter tires would be agile, yet roll over bumps easier than a 20" (ts plain old physics). The Ride 1 Up Roadster with the small frame @ $1045 sounds perfect for my next bike.

My second option is to purchase a good Walmart mountain bike (like the new $398 Mongoose Ledge or the $298 Ardor...Kev Central loves these new bikes...one is full front and rear suspension, the other a hard tail). Then buy a rear hub 1000 watt eBike conversion kit for $500 and make my own eBike for around $800-$900. The downside of this option is still having a derailleur and gears but for the savings, I could live with that.

The Lectric was a good beginner eBike, but I would go next time with a non-folding, non-fat tire, 27.5" tire eBike. I find the 20" fat tires great for traction on snow or sand, but I honestly have no use for either as I'm on asphalt or hard dirt 99.5% of the time. Nor do I fold the bike 99% of the time. The 2 things I thought I needed (fat tires and folding) turns out that I really don't. And frankly any folding bike costs more to manufacture than a non-folding bike. Why does that matter..?...because costs are cut elsewhere (drive train, brakes, suspension) to make up for the ability to fold. There are so many choices now in the non-folding arena, I also rarely shift the bike because its really not necessary on a powerful hub drive eBike (unless you are running up and down large hills which I don't.

I'm leaning toward a belt driven, single speed, Class 3, hub driven eBike with the 27.5" tires. It would literally be maintenance free except for the brakes...yet powerful enough so shifting is not needed and the larger diameter tires would be agile, yet roll over bumps easier than a 20" (ts plain old physics). The Ride 1 Up Roadster with the small frame @ $1045 sounds perfect for my next bike.

My second option is to purchase a good Walmart mountain bike (like the new $398 Mongoose Ledge or the $298 Ardor...Kev Central loves these new bikes...one is full front and rear suspension, the other a hard tail). Then buy a rear hub 1000 watt eBike conversion kit for $500 and make my own eBike for around $800-$900. The downside of this option is still having a derailleur and gears but for the savings, I could live with that.
I think if you are going to "graduate" from an XP, you should look at some bike shop brands. I went from an XP to a Specialized Vado since commuting wasn't great on the XP. The XP still has its place in my garage as my adventure bike, but that's about it. The quality differences between the two bikes are more than the price gap.

If you go the DIY way check out the steel frame Harper Retrospec fixed gear single speed for a conversion. Would need to add disc brakes. No matter what bike you choose to mount a 1000w hub motor on it should probably include torque supports on the forks.

I swear I saw someone riding one of these just the other day, or something similar. Its just to small...reminds me of a clown car. Its not the rider looked uncomfortable or anything, just like like an adult on kids bike.

Thats one of the reasons I was drawn to the XP in the first place. It doesn't have that same kind of look that a lot of folding bikes do, which was what we were originally looking for. When I started to look at what just a regular folding bike cost, a decent one anyways, it made more sense to step up to the lectric. Literally have been on one ride but thoroughly impressed and enjoyed it. After talking to a guy about it at the campground we were at, I believe he went and ordered one for his wife, at least thats what I heard.

Back