Even More Neo Carbon Love

Good point. My wife's bike is actually blue, but it didn't make the picture cut. I find myself being drawn to all the black bikes; they're faster you know. My new favorites are; "Brambor's Black Turbo and that new Grace MXII also looks pretty awesome. I would love for you to do a drag race as well as a short real world @ 5 mile course race between: The Specialized Turbo, Stromer ST?, Motive Shadow, Currie Dash, Neo Carbon, and anything else mainstream that might compete. Throw in a City Commuter too!!

My bike thinks it's GOD or maybe the Devil, or both! Here is a conversation that I have with my bike in my weak moments when I'm getting tired:

Me: Can't we go just a little bit faster?
BIKE: Pedal harder!
Me:I am getting tired a little more help please. Speed is fun.
BIKE: Pedal Harder.
Me: Ok, Listen I'm getting mad. Why do I have to pedal so darn hard? I thought you were an e-bike!!
BIKE: I only help those who help themselves.
Me: Most people think I am using an e-bike to just twist the throttle and go. I always work my tail off. I never use your throttle!!
BIKE: Use the throttle if you want. I don't care.
Me: Are you sure? I'm going to do it! Don't tempt me!
BIKE: Man cannot live on throttle alone!
Me: What does that mean? Can I use the throttle or not? How long can I go with just your throttle?
BIKE: You have free will. Do as you wish.
Me: Are you going to be mad or disappointed if I use throttle?
BIKE: No response!
Me: Ok, I'm going to try it out. ( I start to use the throttle. Strong feelings of guilt come over me. I put it back in pedal assist and pedal even harder)
BIKE:I knew you couldn't do it! I'm proud of you for making the right choice.
Me: Ok, Let's do.
BIKE: Working together. As it was meant to be.
Me: Together!

My bike thinks it's GOD or maybe the Devil, or both! Here is a conversation that I have with my bike in my weak moments when I'm getting tired:

Me: Can't we go just a little bit faster?
BIKE: Pedal harder!
Me:I am getting tired a little more help please. Speed is fun.
BIKE: Pedal Harder.
Me: Ok, Listen I'm getting mad. Why do I have to pedal so darn hard? I thought you were an e-bike!!
BIKE: I only help those who help themselves.
Me: Most people think I am using an e-bike to just twist the throttle and go. I always work my tail off. I never use your throttle!!
BIKE: Use the throttle if you want. I don't care.
Me: Are you sure? I'm going to do it! Don't tempt me!
BIKE: Man cannot live on throttle alone!
Me: What does that mean? Can I use the throttle or not? How long can I go with just your throttle?
BIKE: You have free will. Do as you wish.
Me: Are you going to be mad or disappointed if I use throttle?
BIKE: No response!
Me: Ok, I'm going to try it out. ( I start to use the throttle. Strong feelings of guilt come over me. I put it back in pedal assist and pedal even harder)
BIKE:I knew you couldn't do it! I'm proud of you for making the right choice.
Me: Ok, Let's do.
BIKE: Working together. As it was meant to be.
Me: Together!

Ha, that's good stuff

Meanwhile pedestrians are like... who's that strange guy talking to his bicycle? Maybe that's why it goes faster than everyone else, he's like the bicycle whisperer :p

The tail light I picked up at Performance Bike Store-I don't remember what it was.

The under seat pack is so old it took it off of my Old Trek. They still sell things like it though. It is the perfect size to hold a few tools and a spare tube.

The headlight was from Amazon: It was a good price and I really like it!
http://www.amazon.com/Brightest-Fla...TF8&qid=1399008331&sr=8-2&keywords=bike+light

Best of luck on your bike search. It can get frustrating. I really love my Neo Carbon, but I do still occasionally lust after the Dash. Try them both!!

I'm trying to commute every day in May. I like the rhyme! I hope I can do it. So far I have the first 2 days done!!

A few problems:
My bike is getting a bit noisy and there is a vibration/hum when I climb hills. I have 170 miles on it and have done absolutely no maintenance, besides air in the tires and the flat I fixed. I don't know if I should bring the thing in for a tune up or not. I know most new bike dealers say to bring a new bike in for an after break-in tune up at around 100 miles. I really don't want to bring it in because I will be without it a few days and that will mess up my every day in May plan.

I think I will try some of the ideas about personal maintenance that I have seen in other posts here. I kind of have a mental block about personal bike maintenance, but I guess an old dog can learn new tricks! Riding the bike everyday, I guess it is time to learn. I am really hoping that there is not a problem with the motor!! I know Court cautions that geared motors may be less reliable, but surely I can get more than 170 miles without problems. I hope so!!

There's probably nothing wrong with your bike. I know when I hit some steep hills on my commute, the motor hums and vibrates because it's under more load. Unless it's an ungodly screaming sound it's probably nothing. When bike shops get you in after 100miles it's mostly to just check bolts that might have come loose etc.

Hi Vern! I'm really just repeating what I've heard from bike shop owners and people at the companies. They say direct drive generally lasts longer because there are very few moving parts. The two weak points are the bearings (which can wear out with extensive use) and glue (which can drop magnets if the motor overheats). With geared designs there is rubbing going on but it's still durable and meant to last. With Easy Motion you can get their 5 year warranty that I think covers the motor. That's a lot of use if you're riding every day ;)

To keep your bike running well without between maintenance stops keep the tires inflated properly (like every few days top them off) and wipe the frame down if it gets wet. Also, use some chain lube and cycle through the gears while dripping a bit on (then wipe it all off, pedal the bike while holding a rag or paper towel around the chain).

Back