Espin 21 Sport

nufo

Hi everyone,

First off, happy holidays. I am in the lookout for a new ebike (last one was an NCM Moscow but after an accident, it's out of commission). Currently, the 21 Sport is on sale for black Friday. Those that have purchased the updated version, can you comment (pluses and negatives)? Is the speed limiter able to be unlocked (currently 20mph but would be great to get a little more)? The sale ends soon so I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Controller is locked up. There's a few settings, but not much available there from a performance standpoint. Bike does have solid bones (frame/drive line/battery). I bought 2 Flows and a Sport as projects. Converted all 3 to higher end city cruisers/hybrids. New aftermarket controller, seat, suspension seat post, handlebars (allowing an old man/upright riding posture), tires, and shifter/derailleur. They're now really nice light weight bikes built from over the counter non proprietary parts (making it serviceable for a long time to come). Buy it, ride it a bit, and start replacing the parts you don't like. At this price, when you are done, it will very likely be well worth your time and money to do it over your way....

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping that there would be an unlock to increase the performance to 28mph (I think the older Sport version had an unlock code). I know 20mph is already good speed but there are long stretches of roads here that would safely accommodate 28mph.

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping that there would be an unlock to increase the performance to 28mph (I think the older Sport version had an unlock code). I know 20mph is already good speed but there are long stretches of roads here that would safely accommodate 28mph.
Nice goal, but when you achieve it and see the hit your battery mileage takes at speeds over about 15 mph due to wind resistance, most find you would only use it rarely after that.

Nice goal, but when you achieve it and see the hit your battery mileage takes at speeds over about 15 mph due to wind resistance, most find you would only use it rarely after that.
I agree Al. 28 sounds great and all, but in reality the Sports cruise just fine at 18-20. I have bought 2 of them and prefer them over my Frey CC

Reactions: BET
I bought my espin Sport in August. There are a bunch of advanced settings you can get into with the default password the bike will only get up to 24 MPH or so on throttle alone. I haven’t really messed with any of the settings as the factory defaults are more or less reasonable.

Are you talking about 28mph on throttle only? I know with PAS you can hit 28mph on the Sport (at least on my 2020 model). I did this a few times to race my buddy's mid drive Specialized. :)

Back