Error 30 after ride in the rain

ispeak3

Hey everyone! So today was the first real rainy day that I rode my CCS in, it was about 7 miles to the gym. Everything was fine when I was riding it. But once I came out of the gym, I turned it on and the screen said "error 30". I rode it home without problem, everything was still working. When I got home I dried cables and I disconnected and reconnected the cords on the front (by the handle bars). I checked everything below (I wasn't able to disconnect some of them cause they were very tight) and they seemed fine as well. Any suggestions?

• Error 30 - Communication error. Normally the 1-4 Cable has come lose, damaged or corroded.
Check the split cable.

Last edited:
  • Error 30 - Communication error. Normally the 1-4 Cable has come lose, damaged or corroded.
Check the split cable.
Yep I checked that. All of the connections in the 4-1 are clean, no dirt or broken connections. Juiced said it might be a bad display.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting Error 30 too. I unplugged all the 4-1 and that didn't help. No rain riding here either. Everything was fine during my 50 miles last weekend.

I've emailed support already but hoping someone here might know a quick answer. Nice day here in LA and want to ride!

Well it actually resolved itself. I don't know what happened, but I got the error after a rainy ride and for a day or two I had plugged and unplugged the 4-1 cables multiple times. Did the battery discharge thing too. Then I went back to check on it one day and it was working just fine. I haven't had the error since.

So keep at it for a couple days, make sure to check that there aren't any bent connectors and maybe it'll fix itself. If anything juiced will send you a new controller.

Last edited:
Treat connections with ACF50 or Boeshield. They keep avionics dry, great for ALL electrical bike connections!

Reactions: JRA
WD40 isn't designed for things like electrical fittings. I know we all have a can and it's tempting to use something that is available right now. But don't. It turns into a gummy residue that attracts dust. You can use it to clean contacts in a pinch, although there are better products for that.

Ebikes are expensive and it's worth using maintenance products that are specifically designed for your intended purpose.

Attachments

• 20190121_194902-1.jpg
    20190121_194902-1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 573
Deoxit sounds interesting and has some glitzy web pages. May be good. The curmudgeon here prefers products that meet mil-spec and have data. Real testing in aviation, avionics, and aluminum structures.
I figure if Boeing, USAF, and others whose lives and fortunes depend on performance... well that’s my comfort zone. Mind I’m not denying it made be a good product, but lacks performance data. Who knows, I may add wings.

Here is what I have tried now:

* Removed rear wheel, checked the torque sensor, did the nickel test.
* Unplugged all cables, removed wiring harness. Sprayed with compressed air and applied ACF50 to everything.
* Battery reset

Still getting error 30. Support is telling me to check the connectors again. I've done that about 50 times now.
Really strange how this just happened.

Here is what I have tried now:

* Removed rear wheel, checked the torque sensor, did the nickel test.
* Unplugged all cables, removed wiring harness. Sprayed with compressed air and applied ACF50 to everything.
* Battery reset

Still getting error 30. Support is telling me to check the connectors again. I've done that about 50 times now.
Really strange how this just happened.
You may have a bad controller. If all connections and connector pins are good... the controller may be cooked.

You may have a bad controller. If all connections and connector pins are good... the controller may be cooked.
That's what I'm thinking. After a few tries Juiced offered me a replacement controller. They should offer you one as well. Maybe take photos of the connectors and send it to them.

Back