Elby S-1 9-Speed in Orange, Like New -- SOLD

jonathankopp

Region
USA
Elby 9-speed, orange e-bike. Barely used (134 mi.), like new. Awesome for commuting, errands, getting around. For sale in NYC by original owner. Asking $1,500.

- 500W rear-hub BionX D-Series motor yields up to 80 miles on a single charge. Both throttle speed-control and 4 levels of pedal assist, plus 4 levels of power regeneration from braking. SRAM X5 components.

- Removable, rechargeable, lockable 48v, 555 Whr battery power supply with 3.45 amp charger that plugs into standard 110V outlet.

- Step-through frame with cushioned seat adjustable from 34"-41".

- Integrated BoinX DS3 full-color bike computer & BionX RC3 controller, bluetooth compatible with Elby app for Apple & Android phones.

- Supernova lights & hydraulic disc brakes on both front & back. Smart brake lever. Integrated kickstand & fender rack for holding side-load panniers (panniers not included). Bell.

- Original owners manual.

- Sells new for $2,999. Asking $1,500.

- Contact me for more information.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    701.8 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 384
I wish you had posted this back before the holidays, when I decided to just 'buy something" due to limited availability.

Good Luck with the sale!

I wish you had posted this back before the holidays, when I decided to just 'buy something" due to limited availability.

Good Luck with the sale!
Ah, yeah, I guess my timing could have been better! Well, if you want to treat yourself in honor of spring, this is a great time to get out on an e-bike! :)

You forgot to mention what happens AFTER an issue arises and there is NO COMPANY SUPPORT or Warranty.
Typical Ny scammer.
When I was thinking about purchasing an Elby from Amazon back in December ($2999 + tax) I emailed back and forth with a local mobile bike tech who has a contract to deliver and support the Elby. He was very open and pretty clear that they are reliable bikes and he has had no issue getting parts. That said, Elby announced in November they are moving to a new drive system (https://elbymobility.com/news/elby-...neering-for-electronic-drive-train-components) to be able to better control their supply chain.

At the asking price this is a great bike, even if it only lasts a few seasons of riding. Much better than other options in this price range (internet bike companies).

There's no scamming here, in fact it seems like quite a fair deal.

You forgot to mention what happens AFTER an issue arises and there is NO COMPANY SUPPORT or Warranty.
Typical Ny scammer.

While you have some valid concerns, (buying Bionix at this time is a bit risky for the reasons you have mentioned) it does not make your response right.

Bike seems clean and there may be people who are actually looking for a clean bionix system.

Well if Your character is true and not just the few sentences that you wrote above describing it , then you should realize that this ebike should not belong in the sale catgeory .

Why ? is basically a lemon or an orange if u like.
Ebikes are not just regular bicycle that u can just sell even though this one it's new ; like a car they need warranty and services .

A car can get servcie.This ebike CAN NOT.

So there is nobody that can service this , you trying to get rid of a headache and give somebody else a big headache .

Don't get excited for the few likes that you got on your replies from people who have absolutely no interest or idea about this Bionx motor/battery ebike.

Call Propel, will they work on it , if there is an issue ? No, neither Greenpath.
Take the loss and move on.

I'm done here, any newbies will be much better off buying an Aventon/Rad/Magnum.
My Elby is neither a lemon nor a headache. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact, by all observation, experience and measure, it is in perfectly good working order, same as it was on day one.

So, if you buy this bike (Elby) today and motor or battery break down tomorrow, you'll still be fine.

Not exactly, U are assuming too many things , you're assuming that the person buying this ebike will get transferable warranty and getting parts on time , knows how to install them b/c this company does not have any dealers on the East Coast ! Only 2 local ebike stores are here and they will NOT work on it.

If they Indeed bought all the remaining inventory of the Bionx motors , what will happen when they run out ?

Yes , the Amego brand is present in Canada mostly and western Us, 3 years ago they were in Ny , but the shop (Nyce wheels) where most likely the seller
had purchase , had sadly closed down 01/02/2019.

But Good luck to the seller and the buyer.

Fyi 2 seller: if u had posted in a state where they do have a dealer, it may sell. But I don't think that they have transferable warranty.

And the last thread about Elby ebikes was a few month ago, Ebr crowd knows ebikes.

For ex., Giant has 6.7k messages, Specialized also 7k+ , Elby 93messages 😳..... let that sink in

Last edited:
Does it have Warranty and a local dealer ? If it ONLY has an online dealer(Rad/surface/aventon/juiced/lectic), warranty is a MUST.

Any new ebiker must check those 2q's. Ty.

Attachments

• F0D43138-555C-445A-BEC6-E909C6191172.png
    F0D43138-555C-445A-BEC6-E909C6191172.png
    505.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 35B4DDE4-0DD6-4C88-8C5A-FC6EA2482C6F.png
    35B4DDE4-0DD6-4C88-8C5A-FC6EA2482C6F.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 274
Thank you for chiming in. I’m not sure what I did to provoke this guy’s ire or what he’s got against my Elby, but I think I’m being reasonable, decent and fair.
I think you are being fair. I actually was particularly interested in Bionix hubs, riders are very pleased with the smoothness, silent operation and torque of these motors. Several reviewers were calling them one of the smoothest (among both mid or hub offerings) out there.

When someone sells a 2 year old RM, with an old gen motor and no warranty (RM warranties are not transferrable) on any parts, for almost $7K no one says anything. But now all of a sudden it is a big deal. I don't know.

Good luck with the sale...

Last edited:
Good Luck Johnathan :)

You don't deserve the overwrought pompous keystroking about meaningless 'brand names' and overpriced limited warranties.
It's such a HOOT reading how well-known 'embers and dimwits cling to their precious warranties bought on 3 year 'time payments'.
Because when their delicate "250W Teutonic mid drive" or bespoke battery pack, or custom lighted power switch gets overwhelmed, wet or broken; fixing becomes replacing.
I read it here all the time.

This is getting tiresome, @Ebiker01. I reasonably posted my used e-bike for sale on a forum about e-bikes by and for e-bike enthusiasts. To my mind, that seems entirely targeted, responsive and appropriate. And because I respect community standards, I also was mindful to follow the guidelines set forth at the top of the forums about how and where to post an ad such as this.

Why have I never posted here before? Simply because I had no reason to bother this crowd with any other matter, for better or worse. I never had an e-bike problem that required fixing, and I never felt the impulse to wax poetic about my e-bike experiences, enjoyable as they have been.

I don't judge you for not wanting to buy my e-bike. Please stop judging me for wanting to sell it and going about it in an entirely proper manner.

Last edited:
I own two Elby S-1 9 Speed ebikes and can verify they are Great and a lot of fun to ride. In newish condition, with minimum miles this bike is a great find and a great buy for $1500. And a lot better IMO than other brand new models selling in this price range. Anyone looking for an entry into ebikes would be very well served by this model. Just because BionX has had some recent issues does not diminish this bike at all. There are still many new parts available and they made a good number of these bike, so parts availability will be just fine for years to come. Ebikes have a bit of a shelf life away, just like our mobile phones and computer gear do. The $1500 ask is very reasonable for the quality of ebike here. Good luck with the sale JonathanKoop. Your posting is certainly reasonable and justified to those looking for good ebike. When the need to sell anything arises, I also always recommend multiple ad points like OfferUp and Craigslist as well forums like this. Cheers.

I own two Elby S-1 9 Speed ebikes and can verify they are Great and a lot of fun to ride. In newish condition, with minimum miles this bike is a great find and a great buy for $1500. And a lot better IMO than other brand new models selling in this price range. Anyone looking for an entry into ebikes would be very well served by this model. Just because BionX has had some recent issues does not diminish this bike at all. There are still many new parts available and they made a good number of these bike, so parts availability will be just fine for years to come. Ebikes have a bit of a shelf life away, just like our mobile phones and computer gear do. The $1500 ask is very reasonable for the quality of ebike here. Good luck with the sale JonathanKoop. Your posting is certainly reasonable and justified to those looking for good ebike. When the need to sell anything arises, I also always recommend multiple ad points like OfferUp and Craigslist as well forums like this. Cheers.
Thanks for the support and the wisdom! As suggested, I have also posted this on Craigslist, OfferUp and a couple of other sites. Best, Jk

Well, @Dave Leidy was right: within a day of posting my Elby for sale locally here in NYC, it sold for cash. The buyer just came and picked it up. Case closed. Again, my thanks to Dave for the good advice, and my best wishes to the rest of you for health, wellness and happy riding.

In the next few weeks I'm going to list my BH Rebel Gravel X, only because I have too many bikes and something has to go. Hope I have as good success as you had.

In the next few weeks I'm going to list my BH Rebel Gravel X, only because I have too many bikes and something has to go. Hope I have as good success as you had.
I have one would love another. What part of the USA? I am in the Philly area.

Back