EG Athens 350DX, Question/Problem #4

Ken G.

I have yet another problem with my EG Athens 350DX ebike that I cannot get an answer for, from the EG Support Group:

The User Manual for my EG Athens 350DX, states that the bike will reach 20 MPH using the throttle!!!

My Question/Problem is: The bike will only achieve 14.6 MPH, running in gear #7, and using only the throttle, no matter which PAS setting I am in…

I have repeatedly asked the EG Support group, to address this problem and to please inform me relative to correcting this problem. The EG Support group, has totally ignored my problem / issue, just as he has done on all the other problems I have note on this forum (plus plus plus)… And, as I stated in other posts, I have witnessed my neighbor programming the PAS Strength, and the throttle limit, on his Lectric XP bike, which is far less expensive than my EG Athens 350DX bikes…

Brief history: My wife and I have been biking for most of our lives but we are new to electric bikes. We bought two EG Athens 350DX e-bikes a few weeks ago. I was unable to read the small print in the user manual that came with the bike so I reached out to the EG support group and they sent me a PDF copy.

After comparing the PDF User Manual to our bikes actual operation, I found the manual to be totally incorrect in that a lot of statements for this bike’s functions/options, DID NOT work or were totally different for my bikes and from the way my bikes came programed… In addition to being incorrect in so many ways, the manual also DID NOT address a large number of items/topics relative to the bikes specifications and operation...

I reached out again to the EG support group, and some questions were answered. However, EG would not answer all of my questions, and when I ask again the EG Support told me that “no one in the ebike industry depends on Specifications and/or User Manuals”…

I am surprised and disappointed with this response from EG Bikes, as many other ebike manufactures (like the Lectric XP ebike, which is much less expensive) provide a much more detailed User Manual that includes the setup and programming of the Controller/LCD System.

Has anyone else had the same level of difficulty with the User Manual for the EG Athens 350DX??? Or other EG User Manuals??? And/or has anyone else experienced the same “lack of answers” (Extremely Poor Customer Service) from the EG support group???

Last edited:
Back