Ecotric Hammer

They are on sale now for $1199 from 2 sites. Seems like a good deal for a cool looking cruiser with hyd brakes, 1000 watt motor, 48v/13a battery, front suspension, fat tires and 18 month warranty.

1603900263951.png

I have now had my Hammer for one month and 400 miles. I can't stop riding it. My ride1up 500, which is a great bike, is feeling abandoned, LOL. This is a big bike, about 7 feet long and heavy (I think 70 pounds), but I love the stability and high up, upright riding position. I ride a 21 mile route for exercise, all on packed dirt, with minor elevation change, some spots with sand and a few proud rocks. The bike has oodles of torque and a very cushy ride, between the long wheelbase, 4 x 26 inch tires, and front and seat suspension. Part of the pleasure is sitting up high, like the first time you drove a SUV from a life in sedans.

Handling is surprisingly good, despite it's size and weight. I take it on some single track (green) trails, branching off my main route, and it feels safer and more secure than my ride1up 500 (2.25 inch MTB tires). Range, typically around 40 miles (I'm 6'1" and 205 lbs) which I'm happy with. I do about 4000 miles per year, and was looking for some variety, and the Hammer has fit that bill perfectly. It does take more assist. On the same 21 mile circuit, on my ride1up, I use PAS 2 (of 5) about 30 % of the time, PAS1 about 30 % and PAS 0, 40 %). On the Hammer, I'm at PAS 3 (of 5) about 20 %, PAS 2 about 60 % and PAS 0 about 20%. I tend to average about 10 mph on the ride1up and about 15 mph on the Hammer on the same 21 mile circuit.

It's just so much fun, going fast on dirt on the Hammer, with those cushy tires and ride. Highly recommended.

Hammer with rocks.jpg

Hammer in Garage.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter who makes it. You can buy a Bafang G60 for $250 should you ever need one.

Doesn't really matter who makes it. You can buy a Bafang G60 for $250 should you ever need one.
Well it does because I just bought the bike and I was expecting the motor to be stamped with a different name than Ecotric. From research I had learn that the motor was made by someone other than Ecotric and the motor was stamped with there name, mine is stamped with”Ecotric “

Well it does because I just bought the bike and I was expecting the motor to be stamped with a different name than Ecotric. From research I had learn that the motor was made by someone other than Ecotric and the motor was stamped with there name, mine is stamped with”Ecotric “
They used to have MXUS motors, dont know if this has changed? MXUS 1000watt hub is said to be a good motor.

i have always loved Hammers! only weakness imo is the battery at 13ah, its not very big but at $1199 you could buy an additional battery!

I am having a problem that you might know the solution. I pulled the battery out to tighten the slide bar and now I can’t get the battery to seat flat, the front of the battery is lifted a bit. I loosened the slide bar an reposition it but to no avail. I do have power to my monitor. Any suggestions?

I am having a problem that you might know the solution. I pulled the battery out to tighten the slide bar and now I can’t get the battery to seat flat, the front of the battery is lifted a bit. I loosened the slide bar an reposition it but to no avail. I do have power to my monitor. Any suggestions?
my cruiser(the one in my Avatar) is not even an Ecotric and the battery sits like this! the back is snug but the front is lifted so there is a small gap! my bike came like this, it has 1500miles so far and i never had an issue, no worries!

my cruiser(the one in my Avatar) is not even an Ecotric and the battery sits like this! the back is snug but the front is lifted so there is a small gap! my bike came like this, it has 1500miles so far and i never had an issue, no worries!
Thanks!

Back