Ebikes and pacemakers/defibrillators

Cyborg

I'm 71 and one of these combos has been keeping me alive for the past year. My cardiologist is booked up 'til July 31st, so due to my recent ebike interest, I asked another of my doctors who said 'no worries, jump in'.

I've used my drill press, 12 inch direct drive disc sander and even a drill motor for the past year without any ill effects. I've heard these medical electronics have built in shields but haven't really understood the safety parameters concerning 'electrical force fields' other than being told to show my card at airports - MRIs are forbidden.

Does anyone have experience/knowledge re this issue - I just can't face plant the stupefying TV, and need to be out and about beyond just pedaling. If ebikes are out, I'll go with a 38cc four stroke gas motorbike kit from GEBE.

Thanks in advance.

I'm 71 and one of these combos has been keeping me alive for the past year. My cardiologist is booked up 'til July 31st, so due to my recent ebike interest, I asked another of my doctors who said 'no worries, jump in'.

I've used my drill press, 12 inch direct drive disc sander and even a drill motor for the past year without any ill effects. I've heard these medical electronics have built in shields but haven't really understood the safety parameters concerning 'electrical force fields' other than being told to show my card at airports - MRIs are forbidden.

Does anyone have experience/knowledge re this issue - I just can't face plant the stupefying TV, and need to be out and about beyond just pedaling. If ebikes are out, I'll go with a 38cc four stroke gas motorbike kit from GEBE.

Thanks in advance.
I am 64 and have a defibrillator and have been riding a Surface 604, Element for three years and never had a problem.

Paced here as well and I build battery packs and have at least one of nearly every type of motor and numerous controllers. Dozens of builds for friends and customers. Rock ON!!! No problem. Those days are long gone with modern tech. My newest unit is MRI safe!

Back