eBike rental near Fremont, CA

dollarbin

Hey Bay Area people,

I am working on a program at my company to encourage people to try eBikes instead of their single occupant vehicles. I have secured funding to get the company to pay for eBike rentals for employees who want to test their actual commute. Since we are located in Newark, I'm wondering if there are any shops in southern Alameda County or northeastern Santa Clara County that do 24 hour eBike rentals.

I have done a demo rental through Mike's Bikes in Palo Alto and they were great but the closest locations to Fremont are Palo Alto or Pleasanton. If there isn't necessarily a closer shop, can anyone recommend any other shops doing eBike rentals in the broader Silicon Valley/South East Bay? Anybody work with Bike Connection in Palo Alto?

Thanks!

After a 2 year pause I'm rebooting this program at my company to get people on two wheels. A lot of the options I might have had in 2020 have closed or are not renting bikes right now. Fremont supposedly has HOPR bikes, but I think they are not allowed into Newark. Any suggestions are welcome, I think with current gas prices I should find people receptive to at least try a two-wheeled commute.

Hey, dollar! I think your initiative is a great idea. Thanks for your contribution. Pedego has locations in San Ramon & Livermore. Zoomo is a subscription service to rent e-bikes for a longer period but it looks like it's their own branded e-bike & pick-up would be from their SF location. Good luck launching a successful program.

Last edited:
Thanks Angela! Pedego has very responsive customer service so far, and a location in Menlo Park in addition to San Ramon & Livermore. Zoomo might be worth a trip up to the City for as well.

Back