Ebike Marketing Strategy

The grade is around 14% in the ad.

FLX had to produce a new video on how to climb hills with a Babymaker single-speed... they must have had a number of complaints.

Their brilliant solution is to carry 11+ mph speed before climbing! Too funny;)

That's hilarious. Their commercials on FB started to annoy me so much, especially the misleading hill climbing clip which is promoted front and center on their FB ad that I eventually reported the ad as misleading. I also did the same for indiegogo and sent them the video clip. indiegogo's response was what product is this? SMH, I didn't bother to follow up.

I know nothing about this brand but what's the big deal? Lots of folks who are in decent shape and not ready for a Little Rascal like single speed bikes, they're fun and require almosr no maintenance. No one would argue that they're perfect for very hilly areas, but they are certainly usable in areas with an occasional hill. Although these techniques should be self evident anyone using a single speed uses them once in a while anyway, and it applies to both traditional bikes and ebikes. If someone wants a "bike" that can effortlessly go up steep hills with no effort on the part of the rider at all that's not an issue, they just need to buy a 60 pound e"bike" with a huge motor and battery. That way they can effortlessly climb up the side of a steep hill from a dead stop and pretend that they are "cycling".

I know nothing about this brand but what's the big deal? Lots of folks who are in decent shape and not ready for a Little Rascal like single speed bikes, they're fun and require almosr no maintenance. No one would argue that they're perfect for very hilly areas, but they are certainly usable in areas with an occasional hill. Although these techniques should be self evident anyone using a single speed uses them once in a while anyway, and it applies to both traditional bikes and ebikes. If someone wants a "bike" that can effortlessly go up steep hills with no effort on the part of the rider at all that's not an issue, they just need to buy a 60 pound e"bike" with a huge motor and battery. That way they can effortlessly climb up the side of a steep hill from a dead stop and pretend that they are "cycling".

The main issue raised here is the questionable/dishonest marketing employed.

A lightweight EBike with a small motor/battery along with Gears can climb all day.

Buyer: For every person who takes this e-bike along with him on an airplane, 500 others will put it on trains multiple times! But yet you have chosen to promote this bike as being airplane-friendly. And that makes sense to you?

Dealer: But, sir... you said you were a frequent traveller. And nobody travels by train in America!

Buyer: When I first set foot in this shop a couple of minutes ago I was in Zurich, Switzerland. But now I'm starting to think that maybe I've been teleported to Miami
Yep. Trying to sell you not what you need. 160WH battery in a hilly Switzerland sounds a little odd.

Non-removable battery can be expensive to replace and likely with a short lifespan because it's not stored at room temps between the uses.

It should also not come as a surprise that FLX does not seem to honor their marketing agreements. I signed up a while back for their rewards program when I was considering purchasing the Blade 2.0. I ultimately decided not to order the bike, but I thought it was a good buy when it was offered for $5K and put the word out on EBR about the bike, including a fully disclosed referral link. I know at least one person used my referral link as they got $50 off their bike by using it, but I never got any FLX referral rewards. I suspect others used my referral link on EBR but have no way of knowing. I removed my referral link after FLX raised the price of the bike and I was uncomfortable recommending FLX due to customer service issues as well as what seemed like lack of due diligence pairing certain items with rohloff hub that will void warranty. I don't believe in promoting products simply because they benefit me.

Full-Stack Marketing & PR is a project that I am thankful for helping me promote my business. Thank him for that, I will leave a link to him as a sign of advice to you and thanks, you can read more about their services here https://flexe.io/coin/

Last edited:
As i mentioned before, they have a pretty good e-marketing strategy, they're targeting people who don't know a lot about ebikes so i don't think those people will be disappointed since they don't have expectations at all :)

I don't mind the use of sexy influencers even if it think it's super cheap and she doesn't seem to be super confortable on the bike, i don't mind abundance of ads on youTube or the Bro-attitude.

What bothers me a bit is the fact that they seem to over promise things: those bikes are cheaper, lighter, quite fast (25mph) for a single speed system, confortable etc.

I'm new to ebikes but it seems to me that you can't have it all. So in that sense, yes people may be disappointed :)
Not just disappointed ... turned off on the whole idea of an ebike. Like the endless stream of kitchen gadgets or 'As seen on TV schlock'.

It should also not come as a surprise that FLX does not seem to honor their marketing agreements. I signed up a while back for their rewards program when I was considering purchasing the Blade 2.0. I ultimately decided not to order the bike, but I thought it was a good buy when it was offered for $5K and put the word out on EBR about the bike, including a fully disclosed referral link. I know at least one person used my referral link as they got $50 off their bike by using it, but I never got any FLX referral rewards. I suspect others used my referral link on EBR but have no way of knowing. I removed my referral link after FLX raised the price of the bike and I was uncomfortable recommending FLX due to customer service issues as well as what seemed like lack of due diligence pairing certain items with rohloff hub that will void warranty. I don't believe in promoting products simply because they benefit me.
You, Sir, will never make it as an influencer. You should be proud of that.

Back