EBC Locks

ChynnaLu

Region
USA
Has anyone used the EBC brand locks? How do they compare to the other major brands out there. I'm about to order my bike and it's tempting just to get their locks and be all set up from day one. But I do live in a major city and am replacing a bike that was stolen. I had every component locked and an Abus Bordo folding lock on it... But the thief cut through the bike rack and rode away with the lock still attached. :( So I'm hoping EBCs alarm and tracker will prevent that in the future.

In my opinion, this is what you are up against. It is a portable angle grinder that costs about $40. If you can at all help it do not park a bike outside unsupervised. Locks are merely deterrents to theft. Do not depend on them. You are correct that bike racks are softer than locks. Hardened steel will shatter before it will bend. That is why criminals will smash and shatter better lock parts rather than cut or drill them. Sorry for your loss.
1624739147060.png

Has anyone used the EBC brand locks? How do they compare to the other major brands out there. I'm about to order my bike and it's tempting just to get their locks and be all set up from day one. But I do live in a major city and am replacing a bike that was stolen. I had every component locked and an Abus Bordo folding lock on it... But the thief cut through the bike rack and rode away with the lock still attached. :( So I'm hoping EBCs alarm and tracker will prevent that in the future.
I run a lock through the rear wheel and the frame of the bike so if the thief cuts the bike rack they can't just ride away on the bike. I do this and use another lock through the frame to a rack for better security. But, sadly, if the thief is determined they'll get my bike one way or another. 😡

Back