Duke Hybrid Tyres from the UK

1929harleyjd

Region
USA
Anyone out there have any experience with Duke hybrid tires? I just had a set of 20x4s imported from the UK because they're supposedly designed to withstand the abusive streets that the delivery and courier riders put up with over there. Didn’t know they'd be nylon. As we speak, I'm putting a set on my Eahora X5. They're rated to run at 5 to 30 psi, and I'm guessing they're at least TPI 60s, although nobody's been able to tell me for certain. I'll give you an evaluation in a few days if you’re interested. Cost was 88 pounds plus 23.99 pounds shipping. What's that in US currency, about 135 dollars? Took just a week to get them. Can't wait to try them out on the horrible street conditions we have here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Too many flats on my CST BFT's to deal with. I know, I should be using tire slime.

Stoood;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230722_220654_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230722_220654_Chrome.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20230722_221208_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230722_221208_Chrome.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 81
Sorry it took so long, been logging lotsa miles. The DUKE tire are just the ticket. Bike rides like I've got rear shocks now, awesome handling and cornering (they stick to the road like glue). No flats in 1000 miles, great mileage although it seems to feel like I've got taller gearing with their larger overall diameter and girth. I've ran them as low as 15lbs, ok in back but too mushy for the front. 26 pounds rear and 27 front gives a good smooth ride, and really soaks up the bumps.
If you need tires, get 'em if you can, availability is limited due to the demand.
See below, maybe an optical illusion, but both the tires and tubes are huge compared with the CRT tires that the bike came with. Silent ride too.

Attachments

• 20230729_145035.jpg
    20230729_145035.jpg
    773.4 KB · Views: 74
Sorry it took so long, been logging lotsa miles. The DUKE tire are just the ticket. Bike rides like I've got rear shocks now, awesome handling and cornering (they stick to the road like glue). No flats in 1000 miles, great mileage although it seems to feel like I've got taller gearing with their larger overall diameter and girth. I've ran them as low as 15lbs, ok in back but too mushy for the front. 26 pounds rear and 27 front gives a good smooth ride, and really soaks up the bumps.
If you need tires, get 'em if you can, availability is limited due to the demand.
See below, maybe an optical illusion, but both the tires and tubes are huge compared with the CRT tires that the bike came with. Silent ride too.
See below, maybe an optical illusion, but both the tires and tubes are huge compared with the CST tires that the bike came with. Silent ride too.

Attachments

• 20230729_144913.jpg
    20230729_144913.jpg
    960.3 KB · Views: 76
Back