Dolphin Owner

I purchased 2 Dolphins on-line based on the review by Kyle from Boltons Bikes. So far his review is spot on. A quality foldable bike.

I will note later on any issues that I come across as well as a few tricks I learned while installing the fenders. It is a little different than buying from a dealer who has a shop and tools but it is very doable. There were no Qualisports Dealers in my area so I was a little blind buying these. I think these will work out well for the beach and RVing.

I purchased 2 Dolphins on-line based on the review by Kyle from Boltons Bikes. So far his review is spot on. A quality foldable bike.

I will note later on any issues that I come across as well as a few tricks I learned while installing the fenders. It is a little different than buying from a dealer who has a shop and tools but it is very doable. There were no Qualisports Dealers in my area so I was a little blind buying these. I think these will work out well for the beach and RVing.

I also got a Dolphin. The fenders really feel like an afterthought, from installation to actual use. Did you end up taking off the wheel to get the front fender on? I reached out to support to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they told me to just bend one of the eyelets down to get it through the front fork, and then bend it back! Funny and ridiculous. It worked in the end, but that was an unexpected turn.

While folded, the handlebar stem pushes against the front fender, which pushes against the front tire. Not only does this slightly bend the fender out of shape, but it rubs against the tire. This is no problem if you're just storing it, but rolling while folded (a big selling point for me) is difficult to impossible.

I'll put together a full overview once I've had more time using it. Fender-fiasco aside, I am enjoying the bike so far and think it's a solid affordable choice.

I also got a Dolphin. The fenders really feel like an afterthought, from installation to actual use. Did you end up taking off the wheel to get the front fender on? I reached out to support to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they told me to just bend one of the eyelets down to get it through the front fork, and then bend it back! Funny and ridiculous. It worked in the end, but that was an unexpected turn.

While folded, the handlebar stem pushes against the front fender, which pushes against the front tire. Not only does this slightly bend the fender out of shape, but it rubs against the tire. This is no problem if you're just storing it, but rolling while folded (a big selling point for me) is difficult to impossible.

I'll put together a full overview once I've had more time using it. Fender-fiasco aside, I am enjoying the bike so far and think it's a solid affordable choice.

I did remove the front tire to put on the front fender. I decided not to bend it to get it under the stem.

The rear fender was an issue for me and finally decided to tape the nutplates to the underside of the fender and use washers and a longer bolt to force the top black little plate to be able to bend it to the final contour of the fender. Then I was able to use the small screws that were not going to work unless I partially bent the small plate to match the contour of the fender. This worked and was much easier on the second bike.

So far I have no other issues. I have 18 miles on the first bike and am 2/5ths thru the first charge of the battery with the PAS on 5 and going up some steeper hills.

I am going to place clear packaging tape on the right side of the control box to lessen the chance of the chain hitting it and marring the paint. Thanks, Court, for noticing that in your review.

I am hopeful we bought some good bikes.

Just curious what you know about the max load of the Dolphin. On EBR it says 220. On another vendor's site, it says 300. I assume it should be more than the Volador (which is 220) but not sure.

UPDATE: Via Facebook Chat with them, they confirmed that the Dolphin has a max load of 300.

Last edited:
thanks jnyoak. I have been asking Court the same question for weeks. I found 3 different references to max load and they were 220, 260 and 300. I am still waiting for the answer from the Qualisports owner. Thanks for letting me know they gave you an answer.

Mark

thanks jnyoak. I have been asking Court the same question for weeks. I found 3 different references to max load and they were 220, 260 and 300. I am still waiting for the answer from the Qualisports owner. Thanks for letting me know they gave you an answer.

Mark

You're welcome! Thanks for sharing your experiences with the bike.

As a caveat, I hope that their chat is correct. I had some email communication directly with Daniel and he didn't answer my question about the max load. I got that email after the chat conversation.

I've had my Dolphin for about a week. I love it so far. There are minimal instructions on attaching the fenders but with the help of a youtube video and some tinkering I eventually figured it out. I partially deflated the front tire to squeeze the front fender in place to mount so I didn't have to remove the front wheel. I put about 35 miles on the first full charge using mostly pedal assist 3 and some throttle before it got down to one bar on the battery indicator. I probably could have rode it another 10-15 miles before a complete discharge. Even then its not hard to ride without assist.

This bike is very well engineered. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a folder.

New Dolphin owner here, I hope. I ordered last Wednesday, December 4 on the Black Friday Special Pricing.

Just curious how long delivery takes? I received a shipping confirmation text that day but when I track with UPS it looks like the label has been created and that's all.

I guess I'm just excited and being impatient.

Congrats Igeter! Mine took a little over a week to ship from CA to Louisville. The wait was torture lol. Amazon has spoiled us all 😬😂

Back