Does the Como v2 display come off?

STSKIDMORE

I thought I read somewhere that it does, but I don’t see anything in the manual. Although I’m not sure why I want to take it off... paranoid someone will think it’s worth something and try to steal it?

It does not come off to the point where you can take it with you. It’s a quarter turn into a plastic receiver, but it’s still wired.

Ok thanks!
What you are trying to accomplish was in existence in previous versions. Vado 6.0 model 2019 and prior had a block display that could easily be removed and carry with you. I also likes this function as I had it in my previous bike. The new displays are all hardwire. Don’t know why but could do with problem with connections?!
I have asked Specialized to consider disabling the motor or battery by using the display to prevent theft. User then can turn it on with a password (or other types of authentication) to activate the motor. Currently turning on the battery will start the motor and anyone can easily do so. Seems easy to me but nothing has happened.
The 2021 Vado specs says display has an anti theft security function Not NO ONE knows anything about it nor wants to talk about it (Specialized, LBS,...).

What you are trying to accomplish was in existence in previous versions. Vado 6.0 model 2019 and prior had a block display that could easily be removed and carry with you. I also likes this function as I had it in my previous bike. The new displays are all hardwire. Don’t know why but could do with problem with connections?!
I have asked Specialized to consider disabling the motor or battery by using the display to prevent theft. User then can turn it on with a password (or other types of authentication) to activate the motor. Currently turning on the battery will start the motor and anyone can easily do so. Seems easy to me but nothing has happened.
The 2021 Vado specs says display has an anti theft security function Not NO ONE knows anything about it nor wants to talk about it (Specialized, LBS,...).
Seems that the 'new' anti-theft feature is a metal plate that secures the display to its mount. This thread covers this, https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/vado-5-0-anti-theft-feature.34135/page-2#post-286577 .

Back