Delfast bike offers 236-mile range on a single charge!

CONGRATULATIONS DELFAST! :D

Delfast's Kickstarter campaign has been funded! :)

They're offering three high milage eBikes:
TOP Model (174 mile range, 50 mph max speed :eek:)
PRIME Model (236 mile range, 34 mph max speed)
LITE Model (112 mile range, 26 mph max speed)

Their eBikes all use Direct Drive motors and feature mechanical disc brakes while also offering regenerative braking.
Learn more about Delfast's bikes.

A number of eBike manufactures had previewed at this year's Interbike dual battery pack configurations available on some of their bikes.

Congratulations DT.
Good luck to you going forward. ;)

Last edited:
Since it says 50mph max, I'd be interested in what the battery range is when it is pegged at 50 mph, as well as motor and controller life. Those kind of numbers would seem to imply a road use motorcycle, so long range riding at 50 mph would seem likely. You wouldn't find me going very long at 50mph on bicycle tires!

64ah?!, This is what happens when you're on steroids. That battery must weigh 25 pds.....at least!
I wouldn't exactly call it a bicycle. Still, it raises some interesting questions.

This is what happens when you eat the blue pill...
Model. Range. Weight. Max speed. Wattage
Lite 112 mi. 59 lbs. 26mph. 750
Top 174 mi. 137 lbs. 50 mph. 5000
Prime. 236 mi. 95 lbs. 34 mph. 1000

These “bikes” will serve the needs of some people. It’s nice that they exist. For what it’s worth, the Lite model is 13 pounds lighter than my Riese & Muller Delite dual battery model, which has about the same range in eco mode.

Delfast is making an attempt of World Record on 12th of October

From Delfast Kickstarter Update page: "12th of October, on Kiev Cycling Track (BTW it's one of the oldest Cycling Tracks, it was established in 1905) we're making an attempt of establishing the World Record. We're aiming to make 400 km (250 miles) on a single charge without pedalling. The attempt will be fixed by official representative of Ukraine Record Book, independent judges and we also applied for the Guinness Record. We called for media and the event will be open to public. Everyone is invited!"

Good Luck! :)

Lets us face it, this record range is pure Marketing and totally irrelevant.

Any electric bike with a huge battery driven at constant low speed will do the same.

It does not say anything about the bike, except that it has a big battery :)

Reactions: JRA
Delfast electric bike established the world record on Kiev Velodrome.

Pilot Vitalii Arhipkin drove 16,5 hours and come 367 km, 37 m, 36 cm on a single battery.
The independent judged fixed the official mileage of 367 km 37 m 36 cm (228.27 miles), which became a World Record for the greatest distance travelled by electric bike on a single charge without pedaling!

Back