Dead after 13 miles

It's about shipping hazardous waste/LiPo batteries without a permit. I would not want to be the "shipper" if something were to happen, and I believe you have to sign a waiver indicating your shipment is neither while creating a shipping label.

No damage out of the box...everything perfect. Nothing loose or damaged. I charged the battery (just took it out of the box 2 days ago). The bike was working fine, then yesterday the bike just shut down while driving. Luckily I was near my house and could pedal back. I checked the cables, took the battery out and popped it back in. Turned the key to the on position and it came to life again and I thought...ok, this is good. I drove it about 100 feet and it shut itself down once again. Now it won't even turn back on and is completely dead. Waiting to hear from Lectric but being a holiday weekend I'm not expecting to hear from them for several days. There goes the weekend and probably a week or two after that since I'm in NY state. Its funny, I did more research on this bike than most people and even waited a year. I figured, be patient and let others work out the kinks for a year. So much for that.
I am having the same problem with my wife’s bike. All seems fine unless you want to use battery. Works ok sometimes a few thousand / or just a few feet. Remove battery, charges in less than 30 minutes, put it back in, ride 500 feet. Flashes E and goes away... I understand I need to check the wiring. Just TOO DAMN HOT outside to be screwing around with it at moment. Would love to see some sort of wiring diagram so I know which wire to check for what...

I would start with a battery voltage reading. A real one to 2 decimal points taken with a digital voltmeter. Not some indicator light or bar graph.

I own a lipo battery business and ship lipos all the time. You can ship up to 4 - 5s 5000 in a box with no label. Thats equal to a 10s 5 ah. The cell voltage needs to be 3.7 or less as well. That's the other rule. So discharge your pack before shipping. If you have a bigger battery than that, you need a lipo warning label on the box. You do have to ship ground. That is a must. And this only works in the US. Make sure you send it fedex ground and that it has the warning label. You have to ship a large quantity of lipos to need a special shipping license or for overseas shipping. If they send you the return label you are fine and just do as they say.

Last edited:
No damage out of the box...everything perfect. Nothing loose or damaged. I charged the battery (just took it out of the box 2 days ago). The bike was working fine, then yesterday the bike just shut down while driving. Luckily I was near my house and could pedal back. I checked the cables, took the battery out and popped it back in. Turned the key to the on position and it came to life again and I thought...ok, this is good. I drove it about 100 feet and it shut itself down once again. Now it won't even turn back on and is completely dead. Waiting to hear from Lectric but being a holiday weekend I'm not expecting to hear from them for several days. There goes the weekend and probably a week or two after that since I'm in NY state. Its funny, I did more research on this bike than most people and even waited a year. I figured, be patient and let others work out the kinks for a year. So much for that.
I had same problem ordered may 23 for june got mine july 3rd rode it 4 days then the throttle didnt not work they sent me new battery's did not work they sent me new power box did not work then they sent me a brand new bike and i put old on in box and they sent fed ed to pick it up so there customer service is great but took almost 2 months to ride my bike i purchased in may

Hi.. my battery however being new on a refurbished Ebike statesvfrob50/60 miles depending on riding.
I did 8 miles and it was down to 1'bar.
Could it be faulty/ used/ ?
No errors on display.
I heard that the batteries have to be 'Trained in';and get better as first used
True? False?
Thanks

Hi.. my battery however being new on a refurbished Ebike statesvfrob50/60 miles depending on riding.
I did 8 miles and it was down to 1'bar.
Could it be faulty/ used/ ?
No errors on display.
I heard that the batteries have to be 'Trained in';and get better as first used
True? False?
Thanks
True to some extent, but that sounds a bit extreme. Your first step to remedy your problem is you need to know exactly what the battery voltage is when it comes off the charger. No bar graphs, no percentages, just an exact REAL voltage reading.

Back