Dave from Nova Scotia

NovaDave

Region
Canada
Hello from a new member. I just received my new Giant Explore +2 and completed several rides totalling about 100 km. The Giant is my first ebike, but I am a long time road and touring cyclist. Age (68) and a health issue prompted me to enter the ebike world. My uses will be local transportation and longer rails to trails type rides. So far I really like the bike and the pedelec experience.

This is my first straight bar bike in over 30 years so that is my biggest issue so far. Drop bars offered several hand positions, so hand fatigue was never an issue, even on century rides. The straight bars are more limited. Time and experience will help to sort that out.

Anyway, while a new member I have browsed this site extensively and it really helped me in choosing an appropriate ebike. Thanks to all

Attachments

• Giant blt.jpg
    Giant blt.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 141
Welcome Dave, were you able to get the Provincial ebike rebate/discount on your purchase?

Welcome to EBR! Nice bike. Over time you might want a gravel bar that rises, drops, flairs and is wider than road bars. I am in the other CA. Northern California. I also like to change up positions on long rides but do not want to stoop too much all the time.

Attachments

• bDSCF7451.JPG
    bDSCF7451.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 124
PedalUma
Great suggestion. I am not familiar with gravel bike bars but they certainly are closer to what I am used to.

Welcome and good luck with your ebike purchase. Nice to have you and it would be nice to send along some photos of your bike and travels. Ebikes are to be respected, they are powerful. Learn your bikes capabilities all the while riding safe and responsibly.

Back