Danube River E bike trip?

MinnBobber

Has anyone done E bike journey along the Danube,
Something like Budapest to Passau to, leaving the Danube, Prague as final area to ride.

What was your experience?

Anyone considering such in future?
Did some E bike riding there in May but it was river cruise.
E bike cruise in that area for multiple days looks intriguing.

Attachments

• D96A8F80-24A3-4813-AA10-96370088875A.jpeg
    D96A8F80-24A3-4813-AA10-96370088875A.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 151
Where on the Danube? It's a pretty long river...
Would love to hear more, though.
I rented E bikes in several cities on the Danube, some tours and some in my own.
Vienna tour, Krems, Passau tour, Regensburg, and ultimate city ride in Prague (1:1 tour on fat tire E bikes ).
That Danube River from Budapest to Passau or to Regensburg would be a great trip 🚴

Attachments

• 4571CE6A-7C70-4826-9E81-91EA98F851AA.jpeg
    4571CE6A-7C70-4826-9E81-91EA98F851AA.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 144
With tour companies stopping their ships and bussing the passengers & luggage from one ship to another to avoid low water, it is a bad time to book a danube cruise. Particularly if you are going to be accompanied by a bicycle. Wait until the rains return. See Dwnews.com

With tour companies stopping their ships and bussing the passengers & luggage from one ship to another to avoid low water, it is a bad time to book a danube cruise. Particularly if you are going to be accompanied by a bicycle. Wait until the rains return. See Dwnews.com
We did Danube cruise in May, so luckily water level was good.
I am talking about no river cruise, just E biking along Danube and around Prague.
Especially if low water continues….

@Marci jo , so you have done that Danube and Prague bike route, or was it cancelled?
Where were your trips/ how were they??

We did Danube cruise in May, so luckily water level was good.
I am talking about no river cruise, just E biking along Danube and around Prague.
Especially if low water continues….

@Marci jo , so you have done that Danube and Prague bike route, or was it cancelled?
Where were your trips/ how were they??

The Prague-Budapest trip was canceled due to covid. ☹️ My travel buddy and I got full refunds, not simply vouchers. 😊
I don’t like planning & organizing trips so I simply pay a tour company. We used VBT tours. Some say they are a little pricey but I like how we were treated.
Also have done two Amsterdam ones. Those were bike/boat where your boat is your hotel and you cycle to the next area while the boat travels there. And a Passau-Vienna along the Danube. No hills and was before my ebike “conversion“.
My favorite was Slovenia-Italy-Austria. Not bike & boat but stunningly gorgeous!! Would for sure do that one again.
Message me for more info.

The Prague-Budapest trip was canceled due to covid. ☹️ My travel buddy and I got full refunds, not simply vouchers. 😊
I don’t like planning & organizing trips so I simply pay a tour company. We used VBT tours. Some say they are a little pricey but I like how we were treated.
Also have done two Amsterdam ones. Those were bike/boat where your boat is your hotel and you cycle to the next area while the boat travels there. And a Passau-Vienna along the Danube. No hills and was before my ebike “conversion“.
My favorite was Slovenia-Italy-Austria. Not bike & boat but stunningly gorgeous!! Would for sure do that one again.
Slovenia-Italy-Austria - I'm guessing that one was pretty hilly 🤣

I'm paying Salento Bici for organizing, guiding, moving my luggage, and maintaining the ebike I'm renting from them in October - well worth it to me, at least for the first time, to be able to just show up and ride!

Back