Cycling Shirt.

JGcycle

Region
Canada
City
Saint John
Here's a shirt that I had made recently:

pd-therapy-shirt.jpg

That's a very North American thing to me, in all my travels across the States and Canada, such honesty and sharing is what struck me the most.

Sharing personal challenges in Britain billboard style is just not the done thing, though it is catching on at charity events.

If I wore a t-shirt announcing a belief or condition , it would be responded with mild ridicule.
It's quite acceptable to share it in conversation, but we have a social ettiquite of 'get on with it , stiff upper lip'.

You'll hear old men in health centres..
'Sorry to bother you, but I think I might have chopped my finger off.'
Has finger in bag.

I think it has something to do with social health care.
North Americans have a problem, they're paying top dollar for the fix and announce the issue.

In the UK you kinda feel you're putting a baby at risk by turning up and talking to a doctor.

To be clear, I'm not having a dig, I love that about the US and Canada, you're not straight jacketed by the left overs of Victorian angst, but we are getting there via the internet.

That's a very North American thing to me, in all my travels across the States and Canada, such honesty and sharing is what struck me the most.

Sharing personal challenges in Britain billboard style is just not the done thing, though it is catching on at charity events.

If I wore a t-shirt announcing a belief or condition , it would be responded with mild ridicule.
It's quite acceptable to share it in conversation, but we have a social ettiquite of 'get on with it , stiff upper lip'.

Has finger in bag.

North Americans have a problem, they're paying top dollar for the fix and announce the issue.

In the UK you kinda feel you're putting a baby at risk by turning up and talking to a doctor.

To be clear, I'm not having a dig, I love that about the US and Canada, you're not straight jacketed by the left overs of Victorian angst, but we are getting there via the internet.
The first couple of years after my diagnosis I didn't want to "talk about it". Now, I have decided to "own it", and be aggressively proactive.

Has finger in bag.

That reminds me of a story in "The White Lantern," a book about Antarctic explorations. A couple of scientists have gone on a trek of several days to collect penguin eggs. On their way back, one of them (while they are camping) falls into a crevasse. "I say old chap, I seem to need some assistance." When his mate dawdles before coming to the rescue, the needy one says, "I think my dilemma is becoming a serious concern." And the partner does eventually help him out.

Has finger in bag.

We Canadians have universal health care as well. I think it’s just part of NA culture that we share more.

Has finger in bag.

here i found a result https://lldcalculator.com/loomian-legacy-best-starter/
Looking for a bit of advice on jerseys
Been a while since i have been out cycling and at 57 i am not exactly in shape after a few years eating and drinking
I do have a spare tyre so i am looking for something that wont make me look like a shrink wrapped chicken
I know about FLAB but are there any other makes that cater for the more rounded chap that are recommended?
I have a Decathlon near to me but not sure what their sizes and quality are like

Here's a shirt that I had made recently:

View attachment 173266
Have you seen direct benefits from cycling in your own case? Do people ask about the connection between Parkinson's and bikes?

The clinical data is clear: A positive mindset can have a positive effect on medical outcomes, even in serious diseases like AIDS. And after some significant medical adventures of my own, this retired MD is convinced that laughter really is the best medicine. (For one thing, you tend to get better care when you joke around with the people taking care of you.)

Babycaptain, take a look at Aerotech Designs, an outfit from Pittsburgh that has a lot of good stuff. Well made and seems to last forever, lots of big/tall choices.

Yup, I went to my cousin's wedding, started a tale about him as a young man in front of all his mates, and completely forgot the story half way through.

Last edited:
Have you seen direct benefits from cycling in your own case? Do people ask about the connection between Parkinson's and bikes?

The clinical data is clear: A positive mindset can have a positive effect on medical outcomes, even in serious diseases like AIDS. And after some significant medical adventures of my own, this retired MD is convinced that laughter really is the best medicine. (For one thing, you tend to get better care when you joke around with the people taking care of you.)
I have noticed an improvement in my balance since I started riding. I have also noticed that I have more energy, and a more positive overall attitude. Plus, it just feels good to get out on the road. ;)

Back