Current replacement battery option for a 2015 Dash.

Yes, he is a reputed manufacturer of battery packs.

An old article about this vendor on E-bike School website.
That video was hard to watch but very cool at the same time. That guy who was being shown around the facility acted so shocked at every step of the video. It was almost like he found his lost child that he was searching for the past 10 yrs! And it seemed like he found about 100 of his kids over the course of the video. Very distracting!

Hello ebike community.

I recently bought a used 2015 Izip E3 Dash for what I thought was a decent price. It worked great and between my two bikes, have basically replaced my car. My commute to work is 4 miles each way.

Up until about a month ago, the battery would fully charge to 5 bars. Riding the bike worked very well with plenty of juice left on the battery but it would lose charge quite fast when sitting. It would completely discharged from full in about 3 days without using the bike. I started to notice the battery would feel warm to the touch until it was down to 2 bars. It has finally stopped taking any charge at all.

I would like to know what my current options are? After combing the forum for this info, I read all about the Luna Shark replacements. It seems they are out of stock on the carbon shark and other 48v battery packs? My only option through them seems to be the Dolphin. I believe it has a bulker profile.

I'm currently not a fan of an OEM replacement at over $600 for such low Ah's.
There’s the EMP option of a re-cell for $520 before shipping. That seems high to me considering it’s only 10Ah.

Ebay, Amazon, made-in-china.com, and Aliexpress all seem to have 48v options with a minimum of 10Ah.

I'd like to hear your opinions as well as suggestions.

Thank you for your time.
My suggestion is well after the fact. I own several prodecotech bikes. I have used Hi-C battery twice, but the better solution was buying direct from China through Alibaba. A $600 replacement/rebuild was $202 plus $74 shipping. My battery purchase was also 17.5 AH as opposed to 14AH stateside. Be sure to ask for the newest Samsung cells. Regards

Hello! I need to replace the battery on my Izip Dash E3 2014 model. It has a Trans X battery, model BL 17. The battery has 4 connectors to the bike, what are these 4 contacts used for?
I am looking at a 48V 15.5AH ChamRider battery on Aliexpress, it comes with a 2 pin XT60 connector. Will this battery work? How to wire the extra 2 wires on the bike?

Hello! I need to replace the battery on my Izip Dash E3 2014 model. It has a Trans X battery, model BL 17. The battery has 4 connectors to the bike, what are these 4 contacts used for?
I am looking at a 48V 15.5AH ChamRider battery on Aliexpress, it comes with a 2 pin XT60 connector. Will this battery work? How to wire the extra 2 wires on the bike?
I'm reviving this, just in case anybody has an answer to these questions yet. My guess is it's related to the display, and its ability to display battery voltage/bars.

But I'd love to hear from somebody who knows for sure!
Thanks.

Back