Crusher XF800

GadgetJim

Need advice for my good friend ... He lives high up in the Wyoming mountains and is seriously looking for a good ebike to ride up the hill to his cabin ... He is looking at the Crusher XF800. Would you recommend this ebike ? Or other models .... ?

It is funny that they say 'Hills don't stand a chance.' This selection of a bike cannot do sustained climbs. It has a single speed motor. It is like a car that is always in third gear. Disambiguations: 1) It is a geared hub drive - that does not mean the hub drive can shift, it just means that the outer part is stationary and the inner part rotates by stepdown gears. The motor cannot shift. The motor is single speed 2) The external gears are only for pedaling. This bike will overheat and die on a big hill.
Your friend is going to require a mid-drive bike. Get one that is about 40 pounds, or 18Kg and can take a rack. This one does not have rack mounts because it has a rear suspension and you do not want sprung weight on a suspension - that would defeat it. The heavy bikes suck. This bike 'crushes' because it is too heavy.
1626900186380.png

What model ebikes would anyone recommend for my friend, who needs to climb hills going up to his cabin in the Wyoming mountains ?

What model ebikes would anyone recommend for my friend, who needs to climb hills going up to his cabin in the Wyoming mountains ?
I spent a good deal of time in the Wind River Wilderness,(Bridger), even participated in rendezvous & the building
of the mtn man museum in Pinedale. I ride an NCM moscow; it will climb anything, but it can´t outruna griz🧙‍♂️.
Be you Shoshone?

Last edited:
I spent a good deal of time in the Wind River Wilderness,(Bridger), even participated in rendezvous & the building
of the mtn man museum in Pinedale. I ride an NCM moscow; it will climb anything, but it can´t outruna griz🧙‍♂️.
Be you Shoshone?
Thank you for your response I will share your information with my friend. I have Cherokee ancestors.

Thank you for your response I will share your information with my friend. I have Cherokee ancestors.
Cool, everyone got here before Columbus. itś very good bike for the price & for someone who
knows how to keep it tuned, otherwise there´s the moscow+ $399 more. The bike climbs well.
but not a downhill shredder. it is a general purpose bike cheap enuff to outfit to taste.
in spite of the name, it´s a German co. the fat tire version is called the aspen. NCM also selling
a beast of a fat bike, the ET720 or the ET1000. Fat tires aren´t cheap, so I went with the moscow.

Cool, everyone got here before Columbus. itś very good bike for the price & for someone who
knows how to keep it tuned, otherwise there´s the moscow+ $399 more. The bike climbs well.
but not a downhill shredder. it is a general purpose bike cheap enuff to outfit to taste.
in spite of the name, it´s a German co. the fat tire version is called the aspen. NCM also selling
a beast of a fat bike, the ET720 or the ET1000. Fat tires aren´t cheap, so I went with the moscow.
Also I think I get considerably more mileage than on a fat.tires.

Back