Crisscurrent S 52v delivery

Haha that sucks.

Do you know what the fee is? And the GPS is in the battery case, right?

If so, that nullifies most of the theft protection IMO, because you'll be taking the battery off the bike most of the time you need to secure it anyway.

As far as theft protection, the bike would be far better off with a cafe/wheel lock and a software motor lock. Costs, what, $20-50 if baked in by the manufacturer?

The bikes are great, but a little rough around the edges, and this is one of them.
Something like that is usually $60 for the year for the GPS service.

The Juiced Bikes rep was speculating so this isn’t written in stone yet. I recall that he estimated it was going to be $10-15 a month but you do typically get a discount for paying for a full year of service (if they offer that option.) I got the impression that the service is provided by a third party and not by Juiced Bikes. Since my bike lives indoors I don’t care to know where my Cross Current is unless it gets stolen. I wonder if you can wait for that to happen and then activate the service lol.

Information about the GPS tracking can be found here:(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The GPS Tracking System includes:

1. An antenna to pick up the GPS coordinates
  2. A cellular data modem to transfer the data to a server
  3. An accelerometer to measure motion
  4. An onboard backup battery pack that can operate up to 3 days
  5. A dedicated DC-DC converter to charge the onboard backup battery
  6. Software apps for your PC, Mac or smartphone so you can access the tracking data
  7. One year of global tracking service included. (after the first year, the cost is $5/month)

Back