Creating a new accessory for e-bikes - win $300 for taking our survey

smarthalian

Hey everyone,

I work for a bike accessory company that is considering making a product specifically for e-bikes. As a result we're trying to understand the challenges and behaviours of e-cyclists. Since I started my research, I've talked to dozens of e-cyclists and EBR often comes up in the conversation. I'd love to hear from you guys.

To that end, we're running a contest for e-cyclists - fill out a short survey and you could win $300!

In the interest of transparency, I could post some of the results and the winner in this forum if it interests you (I will have to ensure the privacy of participants and the winner above this, though). If you guys have any questions or comments, you can respond to this post or message me directly. Thanks :)

Link to the survey: e-bike survey

I just took the survey. Pretty straightforward. One thing they asked about was things I'd like to see added to my bike one of which was rear vehicle detection. Interesting.

What company are you representing? I would want to know that before giving you personal information. I have seen too many "drawings" and "contests" that were just a disguise to get a targeted solicitation list.

What company are you representing? I would want to know that before giving you personal information. I have seen too many "drawings" and "contests" that were just a disguise to get a targeted solicitation list.
Check the disclosures, it is Smart Halo. They make a gadget that supposedly turns any bike into a "smart bike".

Confirming batmick1, I am indeed representing SmartHalo. We are subject to (and proponents of) the General Data Protection Regulation.

Good survey, didn't take long to fill out at all.

I am curious though, it mentioned AR (augmented reality), I am trying to think of how that might be useful for an e-bike? You could put navigation, speed, etc, but that seems like an expensive replacement for a bike computer or cellphone.

Good survey, didn't take long to fill out at all.

I am curious though, it mentioned AR (augmented reality), I am trying to think of how that might be useful for an e-bike? You could put navigation, speed, etc, but that seems like an expensive replacement for a bike computer or cellphone.

At the risk of spoilers: it would seem that many people agree with you ;)

Hi, the survey didn't ask why I am dissatisfied with accessories currently available on the market.

In auto parts, you can buy parts that are made for your particular car, that are made to fit, and can be quickly and easily installed. It would be great if accessories makers did the same thing for bikes that are most commonly sold.

What I'd really like is a brighter headlight that I can just "plug in" using the same connector that my current headlight uses. There are lots of after-market front lights that attach to handlebars and are USB-charged, but I'd like to replace the current integrated headlight with a better one. Can't find options out there.

It would also be great if additional electrical accessories (like turn signals or rear vehicle detection--some of the things on your survey) could be plugged into the existing electrical system instead of being one one more thing to charge, which would mean making different versions for different bike makes/models, like auto parts makers do.

Interesting survey!

Hey guys,

In the interest of transparency, I just wanted to note that we announced the contest winner through email, and also on this reddit thread.

=) thanks to all of you for your input. We'll put it to good use as we create a product specifically for e-cyclists like yourselves.

Hey guys,

In the interest of transparency, I just wanted to note that we announced the contest winner through email, and also on this reddit thread.

=) thanks to all of you for your input. We'll put it to good use as we create a product specifically for e-cyclists like yourselves.
A functional rack with inside shelf for 2nd battery. Made myself one that works well.

Back