Corona virus and pre orders

Shayne

I pre ordered a Lectric XP a month ago for April, now I’m really worried it won’t ship until fall because of the outbreak. I am also worried about Lectric being a new company can handle it. Am I paranoid or not?

I Emailed Lectric before I placed my order on March 20, 2020. They said everything was on time and see no reason why their bikes would not be ready to ship in April, they have also been in contact with there manufacturer and no issues as of yet. You can always cancel right before your shipping Confirmation, if you can't wait and want to purchase something sold in a bike shop. If I don't get mine by Early to mid May I will be canceling my order as I live in NY and don't want to miss out on the riding season of not so hot days. July and August can be a killer in NYC with heat waves. April, May and June as well as Sept-Nov are good riding days, not to hot and not to cold. Hope that helps calm your nerves, as we all been worried about this COV19 Crap.

Thanks! My feeling exactly, but I did a cheap substitute for the wait. It gets the job done for now.

Yep got me one of those cheapies too. Ecotric 26’’ FTMTB, 1000w. However, I will not be substituting it anytime soon!!

I Emailed Lectric before I placed my order on March 20, 2020. They said everything was on time and see no reason why their bikes would not be ready to ship in April, they have also been in contact with there manufacturer and no issues as of yet. You can always cancel right before your shipping Confirmation, if you can't wait and want to purchase something sold in a bike shop. If I don't get mine by Early to mid May I will be canceling my order as I live in NY and don't want to miss out on the riding season of not so hot days. July and August can be a killer in NYC with heat waves. April, May and June as well as Sept-Nov are good riding days, not to hot and not to cold. Hope that helps calm your nerves, as we all been worried about this COV19 Crap.
I'd say they have to be on the water right now to meet that delivery. Sounds really optimistic to me based on manufacturing shut downs. Are they not using a Chinese factory?

I'd say they have to be on the water right now to meet that delivery. Sounds really optimistic to me based on manufacturing shut downs. Are they not using a Chinese factory?

I think they buy them in parts, not fully assembled. Then assemble them home in USA and or add parts to bike in USA. I could be wrong.

I think they buy them in parts, not fully assembled. Then assemble them home in USA and or add parts to bike in USA. I could be wrong.
You'd think they would say that on the web page. Selling a folder for $900 sure wouldn't cover much American labor.

You'd think they would say that on the web page. Selling a folder for $900 sure wouldn't cover much American labor.
They always have extra parts and replacements on hand. I can't imagine trusting Chinese to have these bikes put together, when lawsuits fall on the name of the bike Corporation, Lectric. Could be wrong, but I am sure some kind of assembly goes on in their warehouse. I saw a video, where they had lots of Bike boxes at their warehouse , now that says alot.

Back