Conversion kit for a Stand-up bike 🤩

mikee94

New Member
Region
USA
I want to share with you guys this beauty of stand-up bike. I took the photo while visiting a friend of mine, it caught my attention because is the first time i see someone converted this kind of bike into an ebike, i didn't know kits were compatible too, i'm in love
Stand up bike with Switch two (1).jpg
 
I want to share with you guys this beauty of stand-up bike. I took the photo while visiting a friend of mine, it caught my attention because is the first time i see someone converted this kind of bike into an ebike, i didn't know kits were compatible too, i'm in love
View attachment 215575

Welcome aboard! Very cool machine. Love the color.

I see 1-2 of these stand-ups a week — almost always on our rolling Coast Highway. Look like a lot of fun, but I'm still trying to figure out the use case.

First thought was for folks after a hydrid running+cycling experience. Maybe also for avid runners who can no longer handle the impacts but still want to exercise outdoors?

How are they at climbing? Don't see many on our inland hills.
 
Welcome aboard! Very cool machine. Love the color.

I see 1-2 of these a week — almost always on our rolling Coast Highway. Look like a lot of fun, but I'm still trying to figure out the use case.

First thought was for folks after a hydrid running+cycling experience. Maybe also for avid runners who can no longer handle the impacts but still want to be outdoors?

How are they at climbing? Don't see many on our inland hills.
Thannks! I have the same impression that is a kind of hybrid running hahah Personally, I wouldn't use it for commute but as a hobbie i find it very very cool. One of the times that my friend lent it to me I went through a hill and I don't know what would have become of me without the motor 😅, it helped me a lot. Even though it was a bit uncomfortable for me because of the position, I think is becuase of my lack of constacy riding this kind of bikes
 
Oh wow there's some creative thinking.

I have a traditional style Elliptigo with an 11 speed Alfine hub, which makes it tolerable for climbing reasonably sloped hills, but still kind of sketchy on steep grades.

I can see this motor helping in those situations, or for somebody who wants to have an electric scooter type of experience available with the option to pedal.

But compared to an electric scooter, an Elliptigo is high, wide, and heavy to begin with. I'm super curious how this would play out in the day to day.
 
Back