Como Rear Child Seat

M4R4

Region
USA
Has anyone successfully mounted a rear child seat to their Como? I bought a Thule frame mounted bike seat but the inner clearance is 3" and the bike frame exceeds that where it meets the seat post, the Como has beefy welds! Is it just me or do all the bike seat manufacturers need to catch up with all the new modern frames. I feel like they assume everyone has skinny frames.

Unfortunately there is no way to do a Frame mount using and specialized commuter ebikes. For the Como I suggest to get a rack mounted child seat i.e Barley Dash or ToPeak and get a rear rack installed on your Como preferably through your LBS as you will need a specific rack to mount on your Como. As the Como does have a traditional mounts....also please make sure the width of the rack is wide enough to accommodate the bike seat.

Unfortunately there is no way to do a Frame mount using and specialized commuter ebikes. For the Como I suggest to get a rack mounted child seat i.e Barley Dash or ToPeak and get a rear rack installed on your Como preferably through your LBS as you will need a specific rack to mount on your Como. As the Como does have a traditional mounts....also please make sure the width of the rack is wide enough to accommodate the bike seat.
appreciate the info! I just ordered a Topeak seat and rack, hoping it all works out.

appreciate the info! I just ordered a Topeak seat and rack, hoping it all works out.
Check to make sure you have to drill holes on the bike to screw in the rack though...

Good luck man..let me know if it works out.

Just wanted to update, the Topeak Baby Seat II does not fit the 2021 Turbo Como. You can see the seat comes way too far back, the only way I could see this working is if you got a smaller seat that sat more forward but even then it doesn't seem like it would be comfortable. The rack from Topeak Disc Version Rack fit fine though, you do need longer screws to thread it all the way through on the rack.

PXL_20210414_214631779.jpg

The only seat that has fit so far is the cheapest seat by Schwinn. The way it mounts is ugly but it's the most flexible. See photos here:

PXL_20210414_223808313.jpg
PXL_20210414_223802773.jpg
PXL_20210414_223755021.jpg

Back