Como 4 battery won't lock in

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here. I am having problems with my Como battery not locking in. It clicks but I can't lock it not matter what I try. My friend's goes right in, clicks and locks. Is there some trick I"m missing. Can't ride with it not locked in.

Thanks!
Amy

I think it helped just to walk away with my frustrated self a minute! I went back and squeezed it with all my might and got it to lock in. Still this might be a problem that causes me some more frustration in the future. I'm afraid to take it out now.

This sounds very odd, if there is any ‘unreasonable’ resistance, try turning the key as the locking mechanism could be in the way. I drop the bottom end in first and sort of rotate it into place and there is a nice ‘click’ with little resistance. Then wiggle to make certain it’s fully engaged, lastly, turn it on to verify it works.

I think it helped just to walk away with my frustrated self a minute! I went back and squeezed it with all my might and got it to lock in. Still this might be a problem that causes me some more frustration in the future. I'm afraid to take it out now.
It will be OK. I put a bit of grease on mine, but many have had issues. I use the poplar hard slap method others even use their foot. Just be sure the contacts line up : the back of battery to compartment rear, before using force. I think there may even be a video in the forum

I realize your frustration. I had hard time with my battery of my Vado 5.
others have reported similar issues and remedies.
see posts by @Sierratim who uses some sort of lubricant and @Stefan Mikes explaining how to exactly do this.
when older seals get easier to place.

The good news is that you don't normally need to take your battery in & out when you ride. I keep ours in the house in the winter but they're in the bikes during the rest of the year (except when I borrow my wife's for my longer rides...😎).

Apparently Specialized has come out with a modified latch that some have had installed under warranty but this is generally self correcting after some use and practice.

Enjoy your new Como!

The good news is that you don't normally need to take your battery in & out when you ride. I keep ours in the house in the winter but they're in the bikes during the rest of the year (except when I borrow my wife's for my longer rides...😎).

Apparently Specialized has come out with a modified latch that some have had installed under warranty but this is generally self correcting after some use and practice.

Enjoy your new Como!
Yep. Figuring out your bike's frame to battery mount is not fun. But once you've got it, well you've got it forever, like riding your bike.

Thanks, everyone. I'm not sure what magical thing I did to get it to actually lock in. I haven't taken it out since. I'm having a ball riding that's for sure!

Back